New to us - 2008 336 Canyon

PlannedOutage

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Hi,

We just bought a new to us (2008) Grady 336 Canyon that is in overall great shape, but needs a few bits of TLC to bring her back to her full glory... The cockpit helm dome light on our boat (mounted to bottom of T-Top electronics box) is a small circular light with two buttons (one button for helm dome light, and the other button controls the spreader light for the bow area). According to the Canyon manual from 2008, the dome light has part number 13-131 and is manufactured by Guest. I cannot find this light online anywhere but would love to replace it with comparable 2 button LED dome light. Any advice on where to find a suitable 2 button light would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 86C5F351-0508-4559-9D67-0E6A8E9DCDD6.jpeg
    86C5F351-0508-4559-9D67-0E6A8E9DCDD6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • dome-light-part-nbr.jpg
    dome-light-part-nbr.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 3

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Can you just replace the bulb inside it with an LED bulb? From your post, it sounds like the main goal is to get the helm light to be LED? Question... do you use the helm light for long periods of time with the engines off? If not, don't worry about it as the engines are charging your batteries and one little dome light is insignificant.

PlannedOutage

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Can you just replace the bulb inside it with an LED bulb? From your post, it sounds like the main goal is to get the helm light to be LED? Question... do you use the helm light for long periods of time with the engines off? If not, don't worry about it as the engines are charging your batteries and one little dome light is insignificant.

Dennis, Thank you for the quick reply. The two buttons on the outside of the dome light had a soft latex rubber covering over them which has become sticky and deteriorated with age. The spreader button still works and the bow spreader light turns on and off with the spreader button, but the dome light is non functional at this time. I have not yet tried to replace the dome light bulb to see if that fixes the issue. Ideally, I would like to replace the entire fixture since the push button switch covers are done for and I am sure I cannot simply replace the covers. Thanks again!

Doug
"Planned Outage"
Bonita Springs, FL

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Dennis, Thank you for the quick reply. The two buttons on the outside of the dome light had a soft latex rubber covering over them which has become sticky and deteriorated with age. The spreader button still works and the bow spreader light turns on and off with the spreader button, but the dome light is non functional at this time. I have not yet tried to replace the dome light bulb to see if that fixes the issue. Ideally, I would like to replace the entire fixture since the push button switch covers are done for and I am sure I cannot simply replace the covers. Thanks again!

Doug
"Planned Outage"
Bonita Springs, FL
Ah, gotcha. I thought you were just going after the "LED" thing. Didn't realize those buttons were getting gummy on you.

Looks like Skunk's got you covered. I've seen his post before about that - I've never seen anyone say anything negative about him or the process. If I needed one, I'd get it from him, too.

Personally, though, I think he was following a delivery truck when it dropped some boxes and he "helped" put the boxes back into the truck... save for a few that somehow made it into his car... ;)