New wheels and tires

UCPA111

Reaction score
I tow my 1984 Seafarer with an Aluminum Loadmaster trailer I purchased new. My typical tow distance is about 30 miles each way (to Lake Erie). This summer, I intend to tow it to South Carolina for some Atlantic fun. Decided to upgrade my galvanized 14" wheels to aluminum and in the process upgrade tires from 205 -75R14 to 215-75 R14 and from load range C to D. Wanting a bit more safety factor and some more wow factor.

I went with goodyear endurance tires after a lot of reviews and communications with some folks on here.
Also added some Chrome Center caps and valve stems.
Wheels are Sendel T02.

What do you think?
20200217_165356.jpg20200217_171452.jpg

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Wowzer!!

Hot as nails Shawn.

Congrats~

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I tow my 1984 Seafarer with an Aluminum Loadmaster trailer I purchased new. My typical tow distance is about 30 miles each way (to Lake Erie). This summer, I intend to tow it to South Carolina for some Atlantic fun. Decided to upgrade my galvanized 14" wheels to aluminum and in the process upgrade tires from 205 -75R14 to 215-75 R14 and from load range C to D. Wanting a bit more safety factor and some more wow factor.

I went with goodyear endurance tires after a lot of reviews and communications with some folks on here.
Also added some Chrome Center caps and valve stems.
Wheels are Sendel T02.

What do you think?
View attachment 10913View attachment 10914
They look great.
I can see you have 2 guide posts on your trailer, I wonder if they help. Sometimes we have a lot of current and or wind when retrieving .

UCPA111

Reaction score
Looking sharp!!! Love my setup with the Endurance and Sendel's.
You were my inspiration! Funny thing is I ordered the T02's (T03 were also in consideration but didn't want to be a copy cat - lol). I ordered 5...received 4 TO2's and 1 TO3. LOL!

Reactions: Ky Grady

UCPA111

Reaction score
They look great.
I can see you have 2 guide posts on your trailer, I wonder if they help. Sometimes we have a lot of current and or wind when retrieving .
Yes. I added the front set to straighten it out when loading. I am very pleased with how it works. I normally fight wind on Lake Erie.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You were my inspiration! Funny thing is I ordered the T02's (T03 were also in consideration but didn't want to be a copy cat - lol). I ordered 5...received 4 TO2's and 1 TO3. LOL!

Where did you pick the wheels up from?? I couldn't find anyone local to me that could beat the price of the place I got mine from.

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
I know you mostly freshwater launch, those wheels look good, how would they hold up dipping in saltwater? Thanks

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks good.

Stay on top of the care of those rims.....otherwise salt water will dull them in a hurry.

UCPA111

Reaction score
Where did you pick the wheels up from?? I couldn't find anyone local to me that could beat the price of the place I got mine from.
I purchased through RECSTUFF and they matched the lowest price I could find which was $94/rim.

UCPA111

Reaction score
I know you mostly freshwater launch, those wheels look good, how would they hold up dipping in saltwater? Thanks
I only intend to dip in salt twice this year (once to put boat in and once to pull it out). I figure I'll wash/hose it off well. Hope they can handle this minor amount of salt!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I only intend to dip in salt twice this year (once to put boat in and once to pull it out). I figure I'll wash/hose it off well. Hope they can handle this minor amount of salt!

Your wheels will be fine. Mine have been in saltwater multiple times in the last couple of years and still look great.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
So the second set of guides wrxhoon asked you about is firm enough to keep the boat from sliding sideways on windy days during retrieval?

I think my trailer is trickier because I have rollers, where as bunks would keep her in place better.

I'm still having issues with power loading my 228 back on trailer. Feel like I am really close, maybe this is the answer.

Again, really like those new wheels. I might have to bite the bullet if I don't offend you to copycat ya :p

Last edited: