one speaker not working

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
2011 freedom 275 - I have one speaker starboard side back by the stern that is not working. I pulled the speaker and replaced it with a new one, that did not fix it. I pulled the head unit but only found one harness plugged in to the back. My set up is 6 speakers 2 remotes and the main head unit. The problem must be a wire connection issue, does anyone have any insight as to where the speaker wires connect to the stereo? Is there a amp somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Most units have a wiring harness that plus into the rear of the stereo. Not sure of an amp on your model. My 04 is wired directly to the speakers. I would double check you speaker balance adjustment on the stereo just in case it accidently got shut off. good luck

SCW

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
yea checked balance / fader etc. The plug that goes into back of the receiver I am sure is a harness but just one plug no individual wires. It must go somewhere where all the speaker wires attach.
Thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
One test is to find the wires at the radio end and tie them together (speaker side not unit side) take a DVM set to resistance ohms and measure. You should have a dead short. If not you have a broken wire. Run a new speaker wire.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Oh yea. If you do put it in a wire she'll or plastic tube for anti chafing.