Overnighter 204 wiring and cables behind cockpit

TonyD

Reaction score
hello! I ave a 1990 Overnighter - new to me - and I am just trying to learn my way around the boat.

I am trying to get some more length out of the transducer cable that is running from the stern. It seems to have no stretch and is tight from the transducer and no play up at the console where it plugs into the unit. I looked up the documentation for the unit and comes with 20ft of transducer cable so I know there should be slack - I just don't know where they tied it up. By looking at the pictures below, is there a way to get behind this panel? I can see the transducer cable just above that panel and I can grab it but I can't see what it's doing -

PXL_20220323_200518027.jpgPXL_20220323_200522881.jpg

Fuel Medic

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you follow the line you might find some wire coiled up somewhere

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
From my experience with my 1999 228 Seafarer, all those panels come out to gain access behind. I would start by removing the screws in those small panels first and then you should see other brackets to remove the main panel. Keep in mind that it all went together at the factory after all the wiring and rigging was installed. I have learned a lot about my boat and all the access spots over the last 2 1/2 years, you just have to be very flexible to slip into tight areas,

seasick

Reaction score
Yep, remove the screws and pull off the panels. It is possible that the cable is tie wrapped behind the panels and/or tie wrapped behind the dash or in the electronics box.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Another fine wiring job. I’m sure it’s in the rats nest somewhere.