OX66 fuel leak?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
2000 OX66 225hp. While working on the oil system I discovered gasoline spitting out of a hose barb with nothing attached. I cannot find an unattached hose. Can anyone tell me what this particular hose barb is attached to? Or what is attached to it?
Sorry, most of the pictures I took this afternoon are not showing up in my photo choices. You can see the barb in the first photo below the hex head bolt. The second Photo shows the location, marked by the red X. It is on the block, behind the bundle of fuel lines.430B91F7-68AC-4657-846E-03CB770E9A61.jpeg670722CF-51F8-4A83-B36E-E2249C81C4A1.jpeg

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’m not by my boat but if you don’t get an answer by next week, I can compare yours to mine.

But to be honest, it feels like I am looking at a different 2000 OX66 225 than mine. Where on the motor are these pics?

By the way, just because you have a plastic tie on a hose, don’t trust it. Half mine are there just for looks and if youmove them slightly, they fall right off.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Based on your description and the pictures, is it part of the reed block plate recirc system? I'm not near my engine to check, but if this is what they are... I think there are (6) of those nipples - so look for others inline, vertically, with the that one and the corresponding ones on the side of the reed block. It only takes a few minutes to loosen the VST tank and move it out of the way - which would probably make things easier.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks, I found it this morning, and just got everything back together. It was a short tube that was caught behind the fly wheel cover bracket. It has obviously been removed and not reattached at some point in the past, Because it was over the top of the bracket rather than under it, and those little tubes are tight fits, which don’t just pull off.2B142DEA-2087-4EF5-A657-5DB31F3F9008.jpeg

Last edited:

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I can answer the first part. If you zoom in, you can see that there is an identical hose barb on the left end of the tube. What it does is beyond my pay grade. This engine has a whole external network of these little tubes, some have a blue stripe, and some have a red stripe.