Picked up a little something in Miami...

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
...that I'm bringing back to Atlanta on Sunday. It was too good a deal to pass up...

2009-01-02.jpg

VinMan

Reaction score
Congrats!!! Love the lines on a Grady Hull. It didn't take too long to get back in a Grady...

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Went online to register with GW and they only have 3 boxes for previous Grady's that I have owned. That was a problem...

:D

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
For an 11 year old boat, its extremely clean. Of course the previous owner believed in washing with dishwashing soap, so the first order of business is a good wash, buff and wax.

The trailer is a little light (2800 lb capacity) and the left tire does not look so good after 700 miles from Miami to Atlanta...need to look hard at beefing it up, or else I'm making a call to Steve at East Coast :D

GWcpa

Reaction score
Congrats man. Nice GW that will be easy and cheap to operate.

Glad you have a boat finally.

May want to do something about the winch stand though. :D

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
General consensus is the trailer needs some work...looks like I have 2 options...

Option 1 - Move the spare...drop the bow "V", fix the winch stand, put a new left tire on it, and see what happens.... or -

Option 2 - Make the call....to Steve.... which I did today.

We'll see what happens....part of what DIDN'T help was I didn't check the pressure before I left Miami...and the left tire was and is low. Maybe it was just an underinflation problem?

Putting together shopping lists for Andy (SIM) and BOE, so may as well spread a few more $$$ around...

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Trailer tires are crap. I've replaced all four of mine in the three years it's been on the road. The last time my tire guy said he ordered 6 of them in before he found one that he thought would mount round on a wheel. Thought they were crushed in a container. i use the heavy duty Carlysle sport tracs. Doing it again I would get Goodyear marathons.

I had to move the front support, winch stand, shorten the bunks and re-carpet them, rebuild all the lights, weld up the main beams, replace the fender mount brackets, and replace the brakes. This is on a 2006 aluminum trailer. Oh, and tie-down bought me a new master cylinder.

Now the springs are looking pretty rusty, thinking about replacing them.

My boat motor and trailer get freshwater flushed after every trip.

GWcpa

Reaction score
Got a trailer being built now that I ordered from Steve. Hi-tech was the best option in my case this time. Loaded it up with mags, spare, leds.

Hopefully have it within a week.

Got a real nice steel custom trailer for sale that would look great under that boat for your fresh water lakes. :mrgreen:

East Coast Trailers/Steve, as usual have been great. Just takes little longer than in the past when manufacturers kept stock on hand and had a large staff.

Waiting on a SIM order as well.