Poor Mans AC

hinmo

Reaction score
Looking for a cabin fan to run off my house power (dc) for the night. I think there is some low power ones that are supposed to move some good air. Anybody have suggestions?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I once ordered in and tested about a dozen of them, comparing amp draw to how much air they moved blowing on my face and the sound. Best one I found was one called "Endless Breeze"... or something like that, anyways.

Raven1708

Reaction score
Have you thought of buying a battery one. I have the Milwaukee one and get it to last all night long no problem on one battery.

hinmo

Reaction score
DennisG01 said:
I once ordered in and tested about a dozen of them, comparing amp draw to how much air they moved blowing on my face and the sound. Best one I found was one called "Endless Breeze"... or something like that, anyways.

yes - I think that is the one I have heard about (kinda pricey tho)
Thanks

hinmo

Reaction score
Raven1708 said:
Have you thought of buying a battery one. I have the Milwaukee one and get it to last all night long no problem on one battery.

must be rechargeable? Got a link or model?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
hinmo said:
DennisG01 said:

yes - I think that is the one I have heard about (kinda pricey tho)
Thanks

In comparison to other (normal) 12V fans... yes. In comparison to boat ownership or the "enjoyment of the fan"... no. Well worth the money in my book.

hinmo

Reaction score
I know all about that! Break Out Another XXXX !

you're probably correct

Raven1708

Reaction score
hinmo said:
Raven1708 said:

must be rechargeable? Got a link or model?

It works off their M18 line of batteries so they interchange with their tools. The bigger battery has no issue running all throughout the night and last about 2 days (running at night only) from a full charge depending on speed. Lost power from a hurricane one year and definitely helped out during the summer nights. This is the link https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...dless-Jobsite-Fan-Tool-Only-0886-20/205846390 0886-20 model number

Attachments

• 51008_700x700.jpg
    51008_700x700.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 234

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use the one from Home Depot. On the boat and at night during this warm spell. I think it was $60 C. Very quiet and efficient on 18V battery. Cheers trapper 8) 8) 8)

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
This 12” fan from Atwood is what I use on my boat trips.

yxole0h.jpg

It plugs into your boats 12v to charge the fan's battery during the day. That charge will get you through the night on low or medium fan speed, but probably not on high speed. Or, you can just run it off your boat's 12v all night and use high speed.

There is also a 110v cord if you have that available to you. If so, you're also good to run on high all night.

I think this cost around $100.

Rob