Poor Man's Reverso

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Getting close to wrapping up my Semi-Auto Engine flush on my 330.
- I tee'd into the feed line for the Transom shower. it's a 1/2" vinyl reinforced hose.
- Ran that under deck to transom area in generator compartment (There is no generator there at the moment) I tee'd it again to [2] 12v solenoids,
- in center splashwell step. I drilled 2 holes on the vertical surface and installed 2 bulkhead fittings, added adapters and tubing to each engine.
-plan is to mount [2] switches somehere convenient to open the solenoids. At the moment, i've tested by jumping directly to battery.

I'm utilizing the water pressure and fresh water tank to flush the engines. At first, it had barely enough pressure to get any water to flush out of the pee hole. I upgraded the original 3gpm 50psi water pump to a 7gpm 60 psi pump and now its flowing well. Besides not wanting to spend $1200 on reverso, I didn't want an additional pump and tank and computer to look after.

I know what you are thinking, "you will drain all your fresh water." true, but lets face it, not everyone uses their fresh water enough and most end up smelling like someone pooped in your sink. I doubt I'm actually getting 7gpm out to engines when flushing so I won't be emptying the whole tank every time.

TEE'D IN THROUGH THIS INSPECTION PLATE
IMG_9380.jpg

SOLENOIDS MOUNTED. THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR WHEN I PUT A GENERATOR BACK IN. PLAYING AROUND WITH HOSES. THE STEEL ONE LOOKS COOL BUT VERY RESTRICTIVE. THE GREEN ONE TESTED GOOD. ILL REPLACE BOTH WITH SOMETHING ELSE
IMG_9391.jpg

VERSION 1.0 IN THE BACKGROUND WITH YELLOW DISCONNECT ON IT. I WAS JUST PLUGGING THE GARDEN HOSE INTO IT AND TURNING THE VALVES. YOU CAN SEE THE STAINLESS BULKHEAD FITTING I USED ON THE SIDE OF THE STEP. OTHER SIDE IDENTICAL.
IMG_9394.jpg

VIDEO:
WATER FLOWING

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Nice job ... Any concern over starving the air to the generator with that switch in place of the vent ?

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
At the moment, there is no generator in there. Original Fischer Panda was seized and beyond repair. If I was to replace it, I could easily move the switch panel or cut another vent behind the fold down seat or somewhere. In a related story I have an appropriately sized Westerbeke diesel 3.5 BCDT generator. My diesel guy gave it a full checkup and service and it's good to go. I bought it used with no controller and didn't realize what a deal breaker that should have been. It is discontinued and I've posted in numerous forums for advice on making another controller work with zero luck.

However, since we don't boat overnight for days on end, I'm considering using [2] 300ah lipo batteries with an inverter/charger setup... enough to run the AC for 5 or 6 hours.

Reactions: Pat Hurley