Port Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island

Bokat

Reaction score
Anyone interested in running over and/or back from Port Lucaya from June 5 - 12? My fishing club is leaving from West Palm for a tournament over there but I will be leaving from Stuart, Fl and meeting them. I would rather make the run with another boat or two. It's a great adventure if you haven't been to the Bahamas before, or even if you have it's still a great adventure.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bokat said:
Anyone interested in running over and/or back from Port Lucaya from June 5 - 12? My fishing club is leaving from West Palm for a tournament over there but I will be leaving from Stuart, Fl and meeting them. I would rather make the run with another boat or two. It's a great adventure if you haven't been to the Bahamas before, or even if you have it's still a great adventure.

Bokat-
Are you a member of ATL Saltwater Sportsmen? Been thinking about joining....

Bokat

Reaction score
Yes, I am. I have been a member since 1997. The club is a lot of fun and it forces me to get the boat out on the water when I probably would have decided I was too busy.

Our June tournament is in Port Lucaya, good fishing and lots of things for the family to do. My wife will probably go, but might fly over and meet us.

Bokat

Reaction score
I think it's about 75 -80 miles, I'll have to pull out my chart someday and measure it. We have gone to Walkers in years past but it has closed down. Walkers was about 95 miles from Stuart and about 110 miles from West Palm.

finalley

Reaction score
port lucaya dist.

I am in Ft. Pierce... the run from stuart to lucaya is going to be about 110 miles give or take 5. I know for us up here with the gulfstream and all it is right at 125 miles. Your 23 should have no problem making it there just be ready for fuel prives i heard they are up to 3.45 a gallon over there already. :x :cry: and they dont have a icon for being sick