Port side wiper sweep is too short

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
My port side wiper sweeps only about 40 To 60 deg. I wonder if there is anyway to adjust it without removing the motor over which is in the cabin and caulked into place. This is annoying since the sweep starts at far portside and only goes out some over "viewable" area of windshield. Starboard side is fine and sweeps across viewing space.

any experience around as I could not find much with search.

h

seasick

Reaction score
If the arm starts too far to one edge but the sweep would be OK if it started offset from the edge, then that can be adjusted by removing the arm from the motor shaft and repositioning it so that the rest spot of the blade changes.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
as above if that works. if you need to adjust the sweep, ask GW what motor is in there and look up adjusting. had to do it on mine as the park was dead center of the helm sight line and the sweep was too narrow. running a small bead of caulk is not too difficult. good luck, ron

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
The issue is that sweep field is too narrow. So it would have to be adjusted on motor.. I guess the caulk bead is a relative issue as I just had to cut open the sureshade actuator cover to replace motor, or actually to test leads and turned out I had a open line, lead broken inside connector...
thanks for confirming that it requires to get to motor.
h