Previously Owned 2018, 307 Freedom Input

Pooh DAR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 307
Good evening~
I have read tons of reviews on the Grady-White 307 and am real close to pulling the trigger on a low hour 2018. As we know, these aren’t inexpensive! Any input from you all to help put my mind at ease is much much appreciated!! Looking to use as duel purpose for cruise/fish. Thanks in advance - David

Reactions: Jargon

Fishtales

Reaction score
It's so new, you should be fine. Up to you on a survey. Prob one of the nicest boats for your dual purpose. Enjoy it.

Jargon

Reaction score
I’m envious David. I’ve been doing my due diligence preparing for a Grady purchase, and after initially deciding on a 275 Freedom, I went and took a look at a 330 Express this past week. While it was a gorgeous boat, I just didn’t see overnighting in my future, so the cabin aspect of the Express would be a total waste of real estate and money for me. But, I DID like the size of the 330, and have now started researching the 30’+, and I’m liking what I see! What is interesting is where the extra length is utilized, and on the 307, it seems like the helm area gets a big upgrade in space. Nice! Show us pictures when you have them.

Last edited:

Caburke1

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I cant speak to the 307 specifically but, after 8 years of owning a 273 Chase, I moved up to a Canyon 306 and am very happy. Although it seems like just moving up by 3', it's a huge difference. Both boats are great, but the ride and comfort of the 306 is exceptional. I feel like the 273 is a big, small boat but the 306 is a small, big boat...hopefully this makes some sense.

Reactions: Jargon

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
I have a 2009 307 with 250’s and I love it. The whole family loves it. I use it for fishing, tubing, and day cruising with friends and other boats. I easily cruise with up to 10-12 people .....we will hang on the boat for 6-8 hours on a Saturday, use the grill, the fridge is great, the Head size is great. The boat handles 2-4‘ waves with ease, cruising at 30 mph, no problem. When it gets chilly out in the fall, close the windshield and bow door, zip up the eisenglass and it’s good shelter. Couple things GW could have done better...... the retractable cleats do not drain the rain water that good, the bow bilge is too far forward, all the rain water collects mid ship right near the Head sea cocks, (I put a 3rd bilge there to solve that problem), anchor locker should drain overboard, stern access panels in splash well should be screw in, NOT pop in. All minor things.....boat is great otherwise. Good luck!

Reactions: CEJ and Jargon