Price For a Bottom Job?

seasick

Reaction score
It depends a lot on the quality of the paint and how many coats.
I have a 208 and can get two coats of paint out of a gallon with some left over.
Since you can buy bottom piant for 80 buck or 250 bucks, I can't give an estimate.
Figure about $5-15 a foot for labor to paint(just labor).

You need about 4 coats of barrier paint and at least two of bottom, so thats 6 coats at 20 at lets say 5 bucks a foot or ... 600 bucks to paint plus the paint , maybe another 300-400.
Blasting in my area starts at about 600 bucks for a small hull.
That adds up to 1500 or so. Assuming one person is doing the job, you may get a break. Figure $1100 at a minimum and perhaps $2000 at the high end.
A lot of the cost is labor and that is location dependent.

gerrys

Reaction score
Plum Crazy said:
My friend had his 25' Sailfish done at the begining of the season at a cost of 1600.00 in Delaware

Sounds about right. If it's done properly 1500-1600 plus the cost of the soda should do it. The blast should leave the hull pretty bare. The tabs should be dropped to get those hidden areas. Then clean, dewax, sand, dewax and apply Interlux Interprotect 2000E for fiberglass sealing (4 coats) and 2 coats of Micron Extra.

jehines3

Reaction score
My marlin was around $1200-$1300 out the door done by my guy. We went sand blast since the soda guy was being a real PITA. Besides 18 years of paint, soda or sand is going to take time. My gel was very nicely preserved with sand. The blast was $330 total at my yard. All said and done this is actually a very material and time intense job. There was probably about $400 in material after barrier coat and bottom paint. I'm in fresh water so the paint is a little less expensive. I'd figure about $1000 for you boat. jh