Rain Water

Ozz043

Reaction score
I have rain water getting in from somewhere but I cannot find the source unfortunately. I am convinced it is the cockpit floor as it has the largest surface area, maybe the Sikaflex has been affected by sun ?

I have even plugged the scuppers and filled he cockpit with 20mm of water....waited and checked the bilge....no water so I let it drain and try something else....check bilge...

Low and behold an hour later there’s water :bang

Can’t inspect scupper seals or hoses
I’ve Sikaflexed the deck IP’s properly....even the threads :D they do flex somewhat when I tread on them so maybe the seal has been broken?
Can’t see any ingress down stern bulkhead or transom wall ( squatting in bilge is not fun )

The water does seem to be coming from the aft somewhere because when I dry the bilge it trickles from under the bed area ( holding tank is empty by the way )
No moisture on cabin lining, inspected hull joint where possible and no signs of water, checked anchor hatch and it’s all good, checked drain hoses in case I’ve washed my hands while working away...windows have a tiny leak...like a drop and that’s it

Short of stripping the cabin area during heavy rains I don’t know how else to find the source

Before rain a few days ago I plugged the drain hole in the rear bilge at the base of the bulkhead, that section aft of the bulkhead remained reasonably dry, a little showed un in forward bilge however rains were not heavy so inconclusive.......again

SirGrady226

Reaction score
Make sure your tank access panels are caulked in, all inspection covers are sealing correctly, and anchor eye up front is sealed tight.