Ready to "Get the Grady"!

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Hey everybody. I sold my 2002 Boston Whaler and can now move on with "Getting the Grady". I want a new Tournament 225. Any and all suggestions are appreciated regarding all topics including trailers. Hopefully there will soon be another Grady @ Lake Cumberland, Ky. Let me here from you all! Thanks

hangman1176

Reaction score
Hope you kept the cover off the BW.

You could use it on your new GW as a theft deterent.

HAHA...

striped bass

Reaction score
Recent vintage Grady White Tournament 225s are not that plentiful. You may have to broaden your geographical search area to land a 225. Scroll down the posts on "Robalo vs Grady White" for available 225s. Plenty of good surveyors out there to check out the boat. Worth having a hauler bring the boat to you if vessel is in good condition which it probably is due to the fact these are only a few years old.
The head area is very small on the GW 2004-2008 225s, mostly useable only by children. Point being is that if you find an earlier 1998 - 2003 (no head) GW 225 it may be worth looking at. Difficult to tell the difference between any of these years except for the head accommodation. All have the Sea V2 Hull designed by Ray C. Hunt associates.
Do you plan to keep the boat on a trailer or on a mooring?