Removing toilet - Chase 273

cnowery13

Reaction score
Anybody removed the toilet and tank altogether on their Grady?

I have a 2007 273 Chase - I’m about to install an 87” Minn Kota trolling motor and trying to figure out where to put the batteries.
Currently have 2 batteries inside / up underneath the helm. I’m wondering if I removed the toilet and tank, I could put new batteries next to the existing 2 and use a bucket for a toilet.

My toilet is rarely used…

Anybody done something like that on any Grady?

The toilet set up I have has an electric pump and a holding tank that sits down below the helm that’s accessible from stepping down into the bathroom inside of the center console…

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
No reason why you shouldn't. Its your boat.

I'm with you, I've had a fishing boat since '99. On my 20fter I put the portable head in my shed for 17 years because it was wasted space that I could use for tackle.
Only once in all that time did I need to soil a bucket. And I do long days of fishing.
My 265 has a head I have never used since the fall of 2017. That includes many overnight canyon trips. plan ahead...coffee driving to boat, , poop at the marina, start the engine....don't eat eggs....
Unfortunately a fishing buddy has issues... and then there's women who can't go boating for an hour....