Replacement passenger grab bar/rail

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hello. Looking for a passenger grab bar/rail for my Adventure 208. It’s about 15.5” overall in length.

I’ve found a lot of similar items but none are offset from vertical. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 43E875D5-F577-43BF-BAB1-CBC63FF84692.jpeg
    43E875D5-F577-43BF-BAB1-CBC63FF84692.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 27

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It might be something that Grady made in-house - unless you come across a salvage boat, the only option may be through a Grady dealer. Is something wrong with it? It looks OK in the pic.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
It might be something that Grady made in-house - unless you come across a salvage boat, the only option may be through a Grady dealer. Is something wrong with it? It looks OK in the pic.

I was afraid it was a Grady specific item...

Nothing is wrong with it but I want to add one to the driver’s side and maybe swap for a longer one to give the passenger something to grab on to while both standing and seated. I just installed seat pedestal extenders so it’s difficult to reach from the passenger seat unless it’s slid to the forward most position. Can’t hurt to to gave a few more points to hold on to in rough water.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Agree - grabrails are good. Would you definitely use it on the driver's side? Meaning, you already have the wheel to hold onto.

BUT... if you move the stbd one over to port, you only need to get one new one. You "could" find a longer one that you like and just have a local welder add an angled shim to the mounting feet.

Or, is there enough vertical surface there on the port side to mount a regular handrail? Would it get in the way of anything?

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm sure GW buys it. They may spec it though. I'd send them the info on your boat via the Cust Service link on the web.