Replacing back to back lounge seat

Scituate02066

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
I have a 2005 tournament 225. Port side back to back lounge seat upholstery is in tough shape. Looking into options. Any suggestions other than reupholstering? Any recommendations on after market replacement or otherwise? Thanks!!!

Reactions: Uncle Joe

Topjimmy

Reaction score
I am just about to do that there are alot of options I am just going with ones on Amazon for 220 bucks with free shipping but Wise makes some too and other companies just do a Google search I usually get about 5 or so years out of them then the seams start to tear mine has a 10in high base X 36 1/2 h base length that is pretty standard I hate the things and rather go with another Helm seat but the Little woman likes them

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Joe

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd try to understand what grade of vinyl and padding are used. You can buy something new and bolt in, but it may not be as well built or hold up over time as well as the stock seat. I like to recover option assuming the frame is solid and using a marine upholsterer that does work for GW. Your dealer should be able to point you to someone in your area. They all sub this type of work out so should have someone. If you do, it will be a copy exact (except for any GW unique stitching).

Topjimmy

Reaction score
The reason I buy the Cheap ones is because then I tell my wife after 5 years when they fall apart SEE Honey these things SUCK and hopefully she will give in and I replace with a Pedestal seat;) But then again it has not worked for 20+ years of telling her that so I better come up with a new Plan HUH?:p

NORTONP

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
I have a 2005 tournament 225. Port side back to back lounge seat upholstery is in tough shape. Looking into options. Any suggestions other than reupholstering? Any recommendations on after market replacement or otherwise? Thanks!!!
Hi , have you had any luck finding a replacement lounge seat? we are in the same boat! LOL. so far we have a quote for reupholstering $3,600.00 also looking at new GW sliding back lounge sleeper from Freedom 215 for $4,100.00.

NORTONP

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Hi , have you had any luck finding a replacement lounge seat? we are in the same boat! LOL. so far we have a quote for reupholstering $3,600.00 also looking at new GW sliding back lounge sleeper from Freedom 215 for $4,100.00
So, the seats are not available from Grady since the boat is over 10 years old. However I found that Grady has a back to back lounge seat available as on option on the new Freedom 215. Since it is a current item it is available fore purchase. So, I ordered one about $2,400 including shipping. The style of vinyl is a little different, but same Grady quality and size it the same. I'll probably be upgrading all seats eventually anyway.