Replacing lights and bulbs and other schtuph

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Welp... bored this morning heh, so pulled the bulbs. I am thinking the cockpit lights that light up the deck outside... I think that is the middle bulb (see the pic below)...I may just replace the entire light fixture with LED lights. The glass/plastic seems pretty 'foggy' from years of sun. May see if I can just order a new one of those.. but might be cheaper to replace the entire thing.

The big bulb, I think that came from the "bullet" light on the wall of the head, outside...pointing towards the berth. I may replace that fixture with a small fan instead. I mean.....how much light do you really need and do you need one pointing in your eyes? heh I think a small fan there would be good.

The other bulb came from the light over the sink and has another one like it in the bathroom. I think I will replace those with LED bulbs and then leave them as is.

All I can tell on the bulbs is, big one says "12V10W" .. so will find it in the manual. The 'snub nose' one heh.. Attwood 90 and the other has a GE part number on it.... should be easy.

Hrm... my list of buys this month will be new thermostats, new anodes all around, and a trip to a mechanic for an inspection and tuning.

So....what all are you all working on this month?

R

Attachments

• IMG_3344.jpg
    IMG_3344.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 0

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We have been going crazy with replacing stuff. We replaced the old Halogen cockpit lights with LEDs. actually brighter and they don't get hot.

Attachments

• cockpit lights and outrigger bracket3.JPG
    cockpit lights and outrigger bracket3.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
@glacierbaze you bought a boat yesterday? Grats! I did not see the thread on that. I will go look and see if there are pictures!

@amf282 - the ones on the deck lights? What LED bulb did you get? I am looking around....want to do a side-by-side comparison to make sure I do not order the wrong ones.. lol.. my luck, or are you talking about the spreader lights in the picture?

Going to pull the boat to the lake here in town later this afternoon... see how she runs. Already told the wife.. IF.. .. big IF.. heh.. they do another stimulus.... that will pay for the 2nd axle, new springs, and a complete mechanical shakedown by a professional.. heh I will even forgo the trailer parts, for another month, to put it ALL towards the mechanics if they find something that they need to fix. That should get this boat where it needs to be to enjoy it.. heh

@Shannon C. - yea, always feels good when that is done.. feels like you can sleep easier ;)

R

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
@glacierbaze you bought a boat yesterday? Grats! I did not see the thread on that. I will go look and see if there are pictures!

@amf282 - the ones on the deck lights? What LED bulb did you get? I am looking around....want to do a side-by-side comparison to make sure I do not order the wrong ones.. lol.. my luck, or are you talking about the spreader lights in the picture?

Going to pull the boat to the lake here in town later this afternoon... see how she runs. Already told the wife.. IF.. .. big IF.. heh.. they do another stimulus.... that will pay for the 2nd axle, new springs, and a complete mechanical shakedown by a professional.. heh I will even forgo the trailer parts, for another month, to put it ALL towards the mechanics if they find something that they need to fix. That should get this boat where it needs to be to enjoy it.. heh

@Shannon C. - yea, always feels good when that is done.. feels like you can sleep easier ;)

R
Yes, I was talking about spreader lights.......my cockpit lights are LED's that were installed by Grady. You can see them in the picture below. We also installed a LED drain plug light. It was better than expected. In addition a new anchor/navigation light is also in picture. We also replaced our helm light with an LED replacement. I feel like a should start a thread on all the changes and improvements we have done over the past 4 years to our 282. love the boat.

Attachments

• all lit up.jpg
    all lit up.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No thread yet. Wife spotted it on the way home from the coast Monday, went back and bought it Tuesday. Very clean 2000 model. Daughter and SIL are using our place this week, so I just parked it in the driveway and left. Won’t see it for at least a week.