Replacing the Halogen Indirect Rope light in 330 Express

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Original Halogen7F02A2D9-3626-45CB-B913-99716B2940F1.jpeginstalling the Innovative lighting flex light33BB425D-A025-4A8C-B4B8-E43F32124BF2.jpegC53564F3-466E-41C7-9519-51FE4F2EFB05.jpeg

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
lets see them on when re-installed!

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I took a picture and it says its too large a file to load. I'll take another tomorrow.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Here is a picture with the new LED lights. The light color matches the rest of the LED lights I’ve installed perfectly. 24C3EC27-CC80-49B4-9490-26DE1D3617BD.jpeg

Reactions: Jargon

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks great. That adds a ton of light in the cabin - wish the marlin had those...

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I took a picture and it says its too large a file to load. I'll take another tomorrow.
This happens all the time to me as well. If you can trim them down by editing on the phone or desktop, it usually works. Just a bit of a PIA when trying to post multiple pics.
Great lighting FYI~

Reactions: usmm1234

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hey usmm

Just came across this thread don't know how I missed it when you originally posted it. This upgrade has been on my 2Do list for a few years - yeah that's typical of me but I do eventually get around to most of them.

One side of my original rope lighting is approx 20% operational & the other side approx 30%. I know it's not a difficult job but I just haven't taken the time to find out what the replacement parts should be. I don't see where you specify the manufacturer and part number for the replacement lights - I would appreciate it if you could post what you used and where you purchased them.

Regards, Jeff

P.S I saw your post on the performance review of the Suzuki 250's - it was really impressive & I will be hitting you up for more info on them as I get ready for a repower, if that's ok with you - I still have the original 2002 F225's with 1400+ plus hours

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hey usmm

Just came across this thread don't know how I missed it when you originally posted it. This upgrade has been on my 2Do list for a few years - yeah that's typical of me but I do eventually get around to most of them.

One side of my original rope lighting is approx 20% operational & the other side approx 30%. I know it's not a difficult job but I just haven't taken the time to find out what the replacement parts should be. I don't see where you specify the manufacturer and part number for the replacement lights - I would appreciate it if you could post what you used and where you purchased them.

Regards, Jeff

P.S I saw your post on the performance review of the Suzuki 250's - it was really impressive & I will be hitting you up for more info on them as I get ready for a repower, if that's ok with you - I still have the original 2002 F225's with 1400+ plus hours

The Flex Light is from Innovative Lighting in Iowa. They custom cut it to a 6ft and a 10ft length and supply you with a length of track that you cut in 3” sections and drill for a screw. Contact Roger Handsaker at rhandsaker@innovativelight.com. It’s really a great product.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hey usmm

Regards, Jeff

Contact me any time. I was shopping for a 330 that had been repowered or one that had worn out motors at a deal. I found a couple that had newer Suzuki 300’s, but the boats had been fished hard. I found this one that had 89 hours on it. I wasn’t wild about the 250’s until I ran it. It performed exactly like the 300’s accept for the top speed. The 300’s were about 4 mph faster. I couldn’t care less about top speed. We are going to be cruising from Maine to the Bahamas. We want 28 to 30 mph cruise and a minimum of 1.25 mpg. We’ve got that in fresh water. I have not run it in saltwater yet with the new bottom job and props. I should pick up about 1 1/2 mph based on past experience. I also have not run it full of fuel since I made those changes. Fuel load did not make a huge difference with the old 3 blade 16x17 Suzuki props and old bottom paint. I’ll be filling the boat up shortly and testing.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Contact me any time. I was shopping for a 330 that had been repowered or one that had worn out motors at a deal. I found a couple that had newer Suzuki 300’s, but the boats had been fished hard. I found this one that had 89 hours on it. I wasn’t wild about the 250’s until I ran it. It performed exactly like the 300’s accept for the top speed. The 300’s were about 4 mph faster. I couldn’t care less about top speed. We are going to be cruising from Maine to the Bahamas. We want 28 to 30 mph cruise and a minimum of 1.25 mpg. We’ve got that in fresh water. I have not run it in saltwater yet with the new bottom job and props. I should pick up about 1 1/2 mph based on past experience. I also have not run it full of fuel since I made those changes. Fuel load did not make a huge difference with the old 3 blade 16x17 Suzuki props and old bottom paint. I’ll be filling the boat up shortly and testing.

usmm1234 - what do you mean by 'fished hard'? What did you find on the boats with this description?

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
usmm1234 - what do you mean by 'fished hard'? What did you find on the boats with this description?
They just had a general look of being fished alot without a lot of attention to care of the finish such as waxing and buffing. All the metalwork corroded from salt. dirty bilges, rusty gen set, worn out upholstery in and out, etc.

HMBJack

Reaction score
Thanks to Longbay Boy's help, I just the same the same conversion to LED's in my Vee Berth. Purchased a 6' + 10' section as stated above.

Only difference for me was:
1. I went with BLUE as this matched the color scheme I use for my under gunnel lights in the cockpit, and
2. Instead of using screws to secure the aluminum bracket pieces, I used 3M's Quick Cure 4200. After letting the 4200 set overnight, they were ready for the final install. I also glued the brackets sideways, so the "U" shaped part of the bracket (and the LED light) points directly DOWN. This tosses a bit more light where I wanted it and offered a lower profile when re-mounting the panels.

Overall, I am very pleased with the result and might use these same lights for under gunnel lighting if, when, my current ones quit on me.

Thank you Longbay Boy for the post and help. It made for a nice little Winter project!

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks to Longbay Boy's help, I just the same the same conversion to LED's in my Vee Berth. Purchased a 6' + 10' section as stated above.

Only difference for me was:
1. I went with BLUE as this matched the color scheme I use for my under gunnel lights in the cockpit, and
2. Instead of using screws to secure the aluminum bracket pieces, I used 3M's Quick Cure 4200. After letting the 4200 set overnight, they were ready for the final install. I also glued the brackets sideways, so the "U" shaped part of the bracket (and the LED light) points directly DOWN. This tosses a bit more light where I wanted it and offered a lower profile when re-mounting the panels.

Overall, I am very pleased with the result and might use these same lights for under gunnel lighting if, when, my current ones quit on me.

Thank you Longbay Boy for the post and help. It made for a nice little Winter project!

Glade it worked out. I had a lot of family home for Christmas. We went up the waterway to eat. Everyone loved the new indirect lights! They really are nice. No hot spots. Just a continuous light beam the whole length.