repowering my 2002 232

2labdad

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I am repowering my 232, when I purchased it second hand she had etec 150's and although she ran fine with those I was running into problems getting service done on them. So I made the decision to repower with Yamaha 200's. It should be completed in the next couple of weeks. I am excited to see how it does and what the fuel savings will be. I typically run 50-60 miles offshore and troll all day. Have really enjoyed this little boat!

Reactions: coldpizza

Cape232

Reaction score
I’m jealous 2labdad! I repowered my 2001 232 in Summer of 2019. I had a single Yamaha OX66 250 and went to the Suzuki single 300. I love it but 100 more HP and twins would be just the ticket!

I was pretty happy though was my 50 hp bump. I love my fly by wire throttle and shift. And love the fuel economy of the 4 strok. But you have the ultimate power package for 232.

I didn’t want to get into changing my bracket and mine was originally set up for a single

Reactions: 2labdad

2labdad

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I can't wait to get it finished. the old etec's are off and sold and the new engines are on it. Now we start the rigging. I will be heading down tonight to work on it this weekend. Still don't have some of the parts in yet but will get done what I have.

Reactions: coldpizza