Retainer Netting?

A&J Outdoors

Reaction score
Website
www.outdoorslivecrew.com
Model
Sailfish
So throughout the 03, 282 we bought are these net type retainers for hold stuff in the cabin, in the head, and along each side of the cockpit. All of them are old and saggy. I like them and would like to replace them. Anyone have a source for these?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Might be able to contact GW cust service via the web and get them.

Reactions: A&J Outdoors

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Are you able to just replace the old stretch cord that runs along the top edge of the netting with a new stretch cord? You'd have to look at how it's secured at the two top corners.

A&J Outdoors

Reaction score
Website
www.outdoorslivecrew.com
Model
Sailfish
Are you able to just replace the old stretch cord that runs along the top edge of the netting with a new stretch cord? You'd have to look at how it's secured at the two top corners.
You know, that is a good question. I'll have to take one down and see if that is possible. Thank you.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You know, that is a good question. I'll have to take one down and see if that is possible. Thank you.
The backs of the seats in my car have a net pocket and was stretched out. The shock cord was secured by being "burned" in place at the top corners and I didn't feel like spending too much time on this project so went even "cheaper" and just used a couple small zip ties at each corner... I pulled the slack out of the stretched-out shock cord, doubled it back on itself, and used two zip ties to secure it. Did the same thing at the other corner. I made sure the head of the zip tied was facing inside. I left a little bit of slack to make it still usable. It actually worked out quite well!

Last edited:

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
After reading this thread, I decided to remove the netting on the port side panel near my Fusion radio on my Freedom 285. Now I need to figure out what to use to cover the dozen or so screw holes that are left after removing the netting. Any idea of what size screw goes in those holes? I will then find plastic caps to cover the screws.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Interesting. My large chart book fits in the bottom one in the Marlin. Great spot to store it.

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
The netting I am referring to is not in the head but rather in the port side panel (exposed to the elements) near the fusion radio.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
After reading this thread, I decided to remove the netting on the port side panel near my Fusion radio on my Freedom 285. Now I need to figure out what to use to cover the dozen or so screw holes that are left after removing the netting. Any idea of what size screw goes in those holes? I will then find plastic caps to cover the screws.
Screw size? No, but it should be quite easy to figure it out just by trying.

But... can you just use the old screws?

Or plastic Christmas trees.