Rolling up Rear Curtains on 282 Sailfish

vinpaa

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a new to me 2006 282 Sailfish. It has the complete enclosure and fishing her in NY they are very necessary. I am fully capable of rolling up the middle section but a little confused on how to roll up the back side panels. Most time when fishing i would like them out of the way, but not removed. They have straps for what appears to be rolling up and storage, but when I try to roll them up it just doesn't work out. Can anyone shed any light or advice on this? Much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2327.JPG
    IMG_2327.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 20

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
When it is cold out the windows can be tough to get roll tight enough for the stap to fit around them but it can be done. once it warm up they become very flexible and roll easily. Always roll them so that the rolling is facing the bow or inside the cockpit. If you roll them facing with roll facing the stern they can accumulate rain or wash water inside the rolled curtain and this can cause fogging of the window. This rear quarter panels have the same issue in the cold but become more flexible when it warms up.
1558379859403.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vinpaa

Fishtales

Reaction score
Tightly roll them. The straps will work. Don't worry, you won't hurt them.

vinpaa

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
When it is cold out the windows can be tough to get roll tight enough for the stap to fit around them but it can be done. once it warm up they become very flexible and roll easily. Always roll them so that the rolling is facing the bow or inside the cockpit. If you roll them facing with roll facing the stern they can accumulate rain or wash water inside the rolled curtain and this can cause fogging of the window. This rear quarter panels have the same issue in the cold but become more flexible when it warms up.
View attachment 7483
Awesome, thank you for the pic. I honestly was just confused on whether they ended up inside or outside of the frame and that pic 100% cleared it up. Cheers!

Fishtales

Reaction score
I keep mine inside. I think you'll find less movement that way.

Reactions: vinpaa