Sat / Sun Running Around The Bay

jetskibrian

Reaction score
Saturday around 0600hrs I dropped my red rigged jet ski at Messick Boat Ramp in Poquoson Virginia and headed out across the Chesapeake Bay to look for some Drum. Joining me was fellow jet ski angler Tom of Williamsburg Va. He purchased a big Yamaha SUV like mine last year and he is going to rig it up for fishing. We fished for Red Drum along the Shoals off of fisherman island using live crabs for a couple of hours with no luck. On the way back we stopped around the Islands of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel and made some drifts for flounder, Tom managed to snag a tog off of the bottom. Had to throw it back because the season is closed. It was a little sloppy in the bay but tolerable considering it was about 80 degrees out.
Later in the day I took my grandson out for a ride and a little swimming, he loves the jet ski and the water. On the way back my yamaha started running terrible, unfortunately I later found out that I lost compression in one of the cylinders. Back to the shop for the red ski, luckily for me I have a two year warranty on the engine that was replaced last year.
Sunday I took my wife and grandson for a long jet ski cruise from Tidemill Boat Ramp along Yorktown, Poquoson and down to Buckroe Beach in Hampton. We took out my newest used Yamaha SUV that I purchased from a guy in Richmond, it ran great. I am going to rig it for fishing, I have a lot of Ideas in my head and I am looking forward creating another fishing machine.
Covered over a hundred miles on two jet skis in two days, not many fish but a great time. Next week I will be fishing offshore of Hatteras NC. Here are a couple of pictures I took while out, my wife just got a new kitten so I am including a picture of her, now we have two fish scrap eaters.

tomtog2.jpg

providence2.jpg

seaduction-1.jpg

seapro.jpg

stickem.jpg

taberonski2.jpg

taber22.jpg

seatow.jpg

seatow2.jpg

pier.jpg

kitten.jpg

geese.jpg

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great pictures ! Also great weather-I have developed an acute case of weather envy-we are enduring endless chilly northeast winds here in marblehead (about 15 mi. north of boston) By comparison, the Chessy looks pretty good this time of year. Lew :dance