sea deck prices

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
First... welcome aboard, Rick.

I wrote my first reply somewhat sarcastically :) Your first post here on this board is short and demanding information - not even a "hi - glad I found this forum kind of thing". We are not computers - we are real live people. We respond better to being treated as such. Well thought out, FULL sentences, go a long way. After all, you desire information - and we are happy to help - that's what this board is about - but you gotta at least treat us with some respect. You'll also want to add a bunch more information about exactly what you want and whether you want to do it yourself.

Last edited:

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Google or Grady customer service for dimensions.

Black Friday for best prices but don’t recall if custom work is included. Castaway Customs if you don’t care about price.

I completely agree with Dennis; a little good will goes a long way here.

Reactions: rick palumbo

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
First... welcome aboard, Rick.

I wrote my first reply somewhat sarcastically :) Your first post here on this board is short and demanding information - not even a "hi - glad I found this forum kind of thing". We are not computers - we are real live people. We respond better to being treated as such. Well thought out, FULL sentences, go a long way. After all, you desire information - and we are happy to help - that's what this board is about - but you gotta at least treat us with some respect. You'll also want to add a bunch more information about exactly what you want and whether you want to do it yourself.
Sensitive today?
Just give him the damned price Dennis !
;)

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't know Rick from Adam - he could be the nicest guy in the world. My reaction/response is only directed at the post - not so much the actual person. But I do feel strongly that we, as a society, are losing our grip on what "society" means - social media is literally ripping apart the fabric of how a society works and prospers. How many of you have seen a group of young adults, or even a family, sitting around a table at a restaurant - a "social" gathering - yet, none are talking with each other. Instead, their heads are buried in their phones.

Some may say that "that's just the way it is". I refuse to accept that. Accepting that is enabling it. Social media has it's benefits - this forum (and other examples) is/are a testament to that - but it's the way we interact with and use that platform that defines us as a society as a whole. I suppose I could go on and on, using this social media platform to vent my own, personal concerns ;) But, I digress - I will step down off of my soap box and return to my regularly scheduled program :)

And, the truth is, my first response of "depends" is valid and fair. There's more variables that need to be answered.

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
Coviditis syndrome:) Folks are getting extra edgy.

Reactions: Lt.Mike

rick palumbo

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
So I am still here and reading all of your feedback and taking it to heart. This has been the first forum I have been on, as well as my first post. My apology for offending anyone, I will now be more aware of my posts.

The help I was hoping to receive stemmed from me viewing a Seadeck ad on Facebook and inquired for a quote, which they said someone would reach out to me and I haven't heard back. So I thought I would reach out in this forum to see if anyone here had their boat done and could give me an estimate of what I could be looking at for cost. I just purchased a 1995 Tournament 192 and I was inquiring about decking options as I have an 8 yr old yellow lab that loves boat rides but the floor is slippery for her. Thank you for any information you could share.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hi Rick, thanks for posting back. I hope you didn't take my responses too personally - as I mentioned, they weren't direct at you "the person" - just the post. So, what you've added has helped. Can we assume you mean the entire cockpit floor and not just the helm section or a swim platform? I'll go with that assumption, for now. It's hard to give a completely accurate estimate without being there, but roughly speaking, I would expect somewhere between $600 - $1,200 for the parts - it will also depend on the options you choose. If you're having someone do it for you, there will be a couple hours of time making the template and couple more installing it. Labor rates can vary - but you could be looking at, give or take, $100/hour. Some places may just quote a "job quote", as well. But hopefully this gives you a decent idea.

Reactions: Pighunter

jigstrike

Reaction score
sea deck is expensive. I did some on my Marlin, and puckered up when I got the bill. I am so happy with it, I actually forgot how much I spent!

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
sea deck is expensive. I did some on my Marlin, and puckered up when I got the bill. I am so happy with it, I actually forgot how much I spent!
I wondered about it Too but that is a big biscuit. How’s it holding up?
I painted my deck with interlux interdeck and was/am still pleased with it but 6 years of use and I am needing to redo it.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I agree with Dennis... so, I must be in a horribly good mood.. lol ;)

As for the OP: I think it all depends on who and where you ask. I asked a guy off Faceuselessbook and I got a quote of like $750 a sheet... and he said it would take 2 sheets to do my cabin (2004 Islander 270). That was for ME to trace it all and install it. That was a crazy dumb price.

There are people that get the entire boat done for not much more than that.

So, there are alternatives to Seadek, there are different prices, diy, full install. The best way to start is google sea dek alternatives, then sea dek reviews, and start branching out from those to see what you like and what mfgs offer the best deals.

GL and post photos when you get it.

R

Fishtales

Reaction score
Find out what is required if/when it is removed. I've heard some nasty stories of glue and gelcoat issues if you ever have to remove it.

dbiscayne

Reaction score
In the mean time - some of the large kitchen mats from walmart work pretty good for cushion and grip. Roll em up & store them in a big storage tote until next time. Your dog will appreciate it, just doesn't look as fancy.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like the idea above dbiscayne. Maybe some combo of mats and/or snap together material could work. Sea deck is an expensive likely permanent solution and maybe overkill for your problem.