Seat bushings. What size or part number?

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The one with the ribs will not work. Made same mistake. Had to send them back. Still searching for the correct one. Mine are still ok.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks for the heads-up. That'll save me from wasting more time.
I can't believe these are so hard to come by.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
We are in the same boat. Lol. They are ridiculously hard to find.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have bought the wrong ones before too, even the GW dealer has sold me the wrong ones. I'm beginning to think they don't even exist for some models. of chair.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I'll give GW customer service a call today and see what they say.

seasick

Reaction score
For that year hull, you probably won't find the seat slides. I looked for a long time and eventually came to believe that the search was hopeless. I made a set but it was a lot of work. The slides look simple but have more detail than you would think at first. I just installed mine so I can say if they will last.
All that said and including the fact that you need a new bushing, I suggest that you consider a new chair slide assembly. There are some reasonably priced ones online.
You need to match the pedestal diameter of course, the bolt hole spacing and current slide base dimensions. Then you decide on what features you want such as slide and to an extent the amount of slide range fore to aft.
FYI, my 2001 seats were not Gaerlick. The actual plastic seat was Todd, I believe but I never found out who made the mount. In any case, I checked all of the manufactures I could think of and none had the slides

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
For that year hull, you probably won't find the seat slides. I looked for a long time and eventually came to believe that the search was hopeless. I made a set but it was a lot of work. The slides look simple but have more detail than you would think at first. I just installed mine so I can say if they will last.
All that said and including the fact that you need a new bushing, I suggest that you consider a new chair slide assembly. There are some reasonably priced ones online.
You need to match the pedestal diameter of course, the bolt hole spacing and current slide base dimensions. Then you decide on what features you want such as slide and to an extent the amount of slide range fore to aft.
FYI, my 2001 seats were not Gaerlick. The actual plastic seat was Todd, I believe but I never found out who made the mount. In any case, I checked all of the manufactures I could think of and none had the slides
Bummer. Depending on the slide cost, I might go that route. Another option is I found UHMW PE on ebay that is the right od for a surprisingly low price. I would need to find someone with a lathe to turn down the id.

seasick

Reaction score
As long as the sides are straight, it is 2 7/8 inches in diameter and has a lip on top, it should be fine. The part you referenced seems to do all that.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
The Todd part was 2 7/8" but didn't work. Od was too small. Hopefully GW customer service is right. Amazon is sending one my way. Will know tomorrow.

seasick

Reaction score
The Todd part was 2 7/8" but didn't work. Od was too small. Hopefully GW customer service is right. Amazon is sending one my way. Will know tomorrow.
Too small for what, the hole in the slider? Could the rotate knob be tightened to take up the slack.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Not 100% sure, but I think top that inserts into the seat needs to be tapered and have a radius at the top edge. The Todd part had neither. I couldn't insert the bushing all the way. When I put the assembly on the pedestal, it wobbled terribly and I couldn't tighten it enough.

seasick

Reaction score
Hmmmmm. My bushings are not tapered and have a flat lip on the top edge. Can you see the name of the manufacturer on the slider? It may be stamped on it. The slider, pedestal and molded seat could be made by three different manufactures. That's why knowing the maker of the seat may not help figuring out the bushing requirement for the seat mount.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not 100% sure, but I think top that inserts into the seat needs to be tapered and have a radius at the top edge. The Todd part had neither. I couldn't insert the bushing all the way. When I put the assembly on the pedestal, it wobbled terribly and I couldn't tighten it enough.
Which bushing did you order the The trac lock ll or lll - Thanks for sharing

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hmmmmm. My bushings are not tapered and have a flat lip on the top edge. Can you see the name of the manufacturer on the slider? It may be stamped on it. The slider, pedestal and molded seat could be made by three different manufactures. That's why knowing the maker of the seat may not help figuring out the bushing requirement for the seat mount.
I'll have to look later and get back to you.

Madhatter0

Reaction score
I ended up making them on a 3d printer they worked pretty well I made mine a bit tighter and just sanded them to the thickness I wanted I dont like my chair to move alot though