Sekiu Washington, on the Straits of Juan De Fuca - Salmon Fishing

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hey guys, just thought I'd share some photos that are hiding in my computer. Let me know if you want to see more of the Pacific Northwest.

Sekiu Washington, on the Straits of Juan De Fuca. September 2020. Fishing for Silver Salmon. Canada is 7.5 miles a way, the border is the middle of the straights that takes you to the Pacific Ocean.

cq.jpg
Red pin is Sekiu, near Neah Bay reservation which is closed for Covid. That is the most northwestern point in the Continental USA.

IMG_1482.jpgIMG_1491.jpgIMG_1401.jpgIMG_1461.jpg
IMG_1502.JPGIMG_1485.jpgIMG_1516.jpgIMG_4821.JPG
IMG_1518.jpg

Last edited:

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I'm curious if you have had any issues with theft up there. I've heard it is rampant if you leave your space.

Do you have moorage or launch every day? I've a friend in Port Angeles and he loves it there. Moved from Vancouver, WA and the life is much more laid back there.

I need to tow up and spend a week.

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm curious if you have had any issues with theft up there. I've heard it is rampant if you leave your space.

Do you have moorage or launch every day? I've a friend in Port Angeles and he loves it there. Moved from Vancouver, WA and the life is much more laid back there.

I need to tow up and spend a week.

Hmmm theft at Sekiu? I'm not sure what you mean by "space" but we usually rent a rustic cabin up there and moorage so the boats in the water for 2-3 days while while we're there. The entire "town" is a sport fish community but I haven't had any theft problems personally in the 3 times I've been there. I don't doubt there could be. Every boat leaves their downriggers on and expensive coolers in their boats so doesn't seem like there's too much of a worry.

I think there's theft everywhere. My friends truck was stolen out of his driveway in his million dollar rental house in Kirkland (probably the wealthiest town in WA) . LOL. I'm from Seattle where property crime is not a crime :oops: so I suppose fear is relative.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Was stationed up there for a bit when I was in the Navy. Aircraft carrier was in drydock in Bremerton and was dating a girl that lived in Bellevue. Pretty much stayed in Bellevue on the weekends. Beautiful area, damp and foggy sometimes but when it cleared up and sun came out, it was pretty. Never boated up there to amount to anything.

Reactions: PNW_Drifter

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Was stationed up there for a bit when I was in the Navy. Aircraft carrier was in drydock in Bremerton and was dating a girl that lived in Bellevue. Pretty much stayed in Bellevue on the weekends. Beautiful area, damp and foggy sometimes but when it cleared up and sun came out, it was pretty. Never boated up there to amount to anything.

That's why your boat is so clean, you're ex-navy! :cool:

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Swab the deck!!!

Never thought about it. I just like to keep it looking good. Hate stumbling over stuff and try and keep it put away. After a week of catfishing, the boat is pretty nasty. I hose the floor down as much as I can but it still gets funky.

Fishtales

Reaction score
nice pics for those of us high and dry... Looks like you were hooked up while showing off one of your fish! Can't wait until Spring....