SpotLight

hinmo

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the ACR RCL-100. Mine doesn't work. I hear the servo rotating the light, but no illumination. I ordered a couple new halogen bulbs (big bucks), but not sure that's the issue. Can I stick a VOM in the sockets to see if there's juice?

If not, there's some relatively inexpensive wireless units I might consider.

hinmo

Reaction score
I am going to bump my original post up. As my winter list gets some attention, I do need to address the spotlight (rec'd no responses this summer).

I did pull the original apart and think there is probably a disconnect in the wiring/circuitry internal to the unit. Looks like at this point it would be easier to replace.....anybody replace there original ACR? Hopefully with something less expensive?

seasick

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the ACR RCL-100. Mine doesn't work. I hear the servo rotating the light, but no illumination. I ordered a couple new halogen bulbs (big bucks), but not sure that's the issue. Can I stick a VOM in the sockets to see if there's juice?

If not, there's some relatively inexpensive wireless units I might consider.

I don't know about older units but the newer non-led units have circuitry that protects the lamps from surges, both spikes in the feed as well as reduced initial inrush currents to reduce the 'shock' to the lamps. If your unit has those features, I am not sure if a VOM will help. It can't hurt.

I did drop my jaw a bit when I saw the price of the new LED version!

seasick

Reaction score
One more thing I thought of and I suppose it is a bit late but if you used the VOM on OHM mode and tested to see if the old lamps had continuity, that would tell you if they were burned out or not.

In either case, don't touch the lamps with bare fingers. The oil in your skin can damaged the lamps when they heat up. If you do touch the lamps, clean with a soft cloth and alcohol.

I see the reviews for ACR are poor. The Jabsco products seem to have better reviews and are half the price

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
I've had the Jabsco 135SL Searchlight on my boat 12 years. Have not had to change anything yet. Don't know much about the ACR though.

seasick

Reaction score
That's as good a recommendation as you can get:)

Last edited:

hinmo

Reaction score
Thanks folks - I will research the Jabsco.