Spring tune-up

Emerald-coast-Grady

Reaction score
Well cobia season starts in about two months so guess i need to start gathering parts for the engines. My question is the two stroke Merc's I have ran good last fall. I ran the fuel out of them when I put the boat to sleep for winter. I just got the boat in the fall and have no idea of the previous maintenance on them. What all should be checked and replaced? I plan on changing the plugs, water pump/impeller, thermostats and maybe poppet valves. Is there anything else i should look at?? Or do? :?

TunaT

Reaction score
start up

don't forget the lower unit lube, water separators (make sure you are using the 10-micron variety), also check the prop for any issues, ie cotter key, broken, nut lose or gone also take a look at your hydro-steering, may need to add to it, trim tab and their levels...also check all lines going to the motors, gas line especially for issues, and the one I almost forgot power tilt check for proper function, levels might need to addressed. Don't forget the belts especially if it drives your alternator and the gas filter found under the hood of the motor. I also like to remove and inspect/replace all fuses, nothing like a blown or weak fuse to drive you crazy... and while your onto the fuses, might as well check the batteries and the guest switch and all the fuses to your electric block. I'm sure I missed quite a bit but this is just off the top of my head.....good luck.......3 more months til the covers come off for me.