Sunday work day ( on the Grady)

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
So today was a work day to fix a few lingering items on the boat.
1st was a new garbord drain plug assembly. My marina reported mine was totally stripped both sides. SImple right? Wrong! You’d think they were pretty standard size and you would be wrong. GW OEM is lager diameter and different hole pattern than anything you can find in West Marine or any other store in town. Ended up using the smaller , in stock drain assembly , and just sealed the old holes.
2nd . Marina told me I had a few screws missing in my trim tab plates. Simple again? No. Screws were’t missing, The heads on several were corroded off. Ended up removing as many as possible and Rebedding and replacing. On the couple I couldn’t get out without serious damage, I drilled new holes in the tab and hull just off the sides of the old holes. Fun Fact: Grady must laminate a Black Starboard type material in that area for the screws to hold instead of wood. I got plastic shavings out when I drilled the new holes. Unexpected bonus.
3rd. Added another set of 8” pull up cleats between the bow and midship that align better with my marina’s finger docks so I don’t have to tie off to bow rail. Mission accomplished and deck is like an inch think and which was reassuring . Tightening the mounting bolts thru a speaker hole was a different story. Summer seems to have arrived so that plus awkward position with my arm up to my shoulder with a socket wrench is apparently a younger mans game then me. Got it done but drank about 6 bottles of water in the process.
All in all good day, Got a lot done. Happy owner!
AE5AF586-3B09-49AD-A420-8E56B8F50E5A.jpeg
33C7876E-2A51-48C7-BF89-929ED50C5F7E.jpeg
8233D240-9B9F-42A1-BD0A-7CE75AA51BE0.jpeg

9AE46DF2-4832-4484-B568-7C9DB2B6EC6C.jpeg

Fishtales

Reaction score
Always something each spring... Good that you got them addressed.