Tab indicators?

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
Put this is the General Discussion forum, and it really belongs here......

Guys this may seem like a very stupid question.............but I just want to make sure. I finally got to get the new 305 Express bloody on Good Friday and it was AWESOME to say the least......the boat is an absolute machine....100+ miles in stacked 4-6's cross sea, the ride was truly unbelievable!!! Here's the "stupid" question......When tabbing the port side down..."left trim tab button up"....my trim tab indicator is lighting up on the starboard inidcator light, and the more i tab it down the more it lights up going downward.....is the indicator light possibly hooked up backwards or is this the light that is supposed to be lighting up? To me it seems like my prot light should be the one lighting up, it seems as though it is hooked up backwards?

jehines3

Reaction score
Your buttons for tabs control the tab on the opposite side of the boat.

Think of it this way if you want the port side of the boat to go down you need to deflect the starboard side tab down. Tabs can only generate lift and or drag/stalling flow if too much deflection is used. So in reality you aren't dropping the port side you are actually raising the starboard side by adding more lift with a deflected tab.

jh