Thanks all

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Okay, figured to just say thanks guys.

I am a DBA...yea...52 yrs old and a DBA...tech guy. Whoda thunk a Navy Machinest Mate would turn around and become a Tech junkie...heh.

I wanted to say thank you to you folks that have been here, on this forum...GW owners for decades, and watched this “noob” come in here and bowl people over with questions and posts out of nowhere.

As someone who helps(helped) with many sites, the new folks that come in and all of a sudden stir things up...you guys have been super patient.

I hate....loathe...really really do not like “shopping”....eh...but when I get it in my head to understand a choice, I research it 120%, and fast. While I disagree many times, mostly due to how advice is given, I hear all of it, I just process it in the background so even if I sounded crabby and argumentative, I listened, understood, and adapted to come up with the right choice.

I hope to ask a lot more questions, learn a lot more than that, and maybe get to know folks, now that I actually BOUGHT one heh.

So, thank all of you for helping me weed through the information, the different opinions and ideas. We all learn differently, all have different “luck” lol, but that is the beauty of life (grin).

So, I’ll start asking a ton more things, probably after I get to work even hehe....because this old Navy man believes it when he says, “There are old Captains, and there are bold Captains, but there ain’t no old bold Captains”.

Fair winds and following seas, shipmates!

Russ

Fishtales

Reaction score
no prob. we all share enjoying and talking GWs....

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Nice post, Russ.

USN 1965-1993, ET, Nuc, SubSchool, NESEP, SWO. E-1 to E-5 and O-1 to O-5. Most tours in engineering, with best tours as CHENG on a frigate and XO on a DD. Second career was 23 years as Director of IT for a large college of education at a large university. Self-taught techie.

Enjoy your second career, but bail into retirement when you can. Life is precious.

Brian

Reactions: RussGW270

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
USN '80-'86 here. Just a lowly enlisted guy. USS DIXIE and USS KITTY HAWK was sea duty, shore duty was Naval Hospital in Beaufort SC. Ask away, we love our Grady's and enjoy discussing them and helping each other troubleshoot issues that may arise.

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
USN 86-90. Went to Nuke school, but by then they were throwing people out for acne.. lol.. so got 2 years reduced for going standard MM. USS Sierra (AD-18) Charleston, SC. 3 Med Tours. I wish there were more Grady folks in the Texas area that I could get to know. I have one friend that loves to fish with me, he is not a boat person.. just fishes.. started when I addicted him...heh

Hard to find guys that really love the water.

I am a DBA because it pays well, and they asked me to do DBA work.. lol.. I'd rather fish for a living.. heh.

I decided to have the boat shipped here. Too many hoops to jump through to get to Florida and back without taking a ton more vacation... already taking off for the kiddos for Spring break.

I tried to reach the Grady Texas folks... just got a sales email from the boat place that supposedly runs it.. yet they have not posted in years..

I will meet some when I take her out I guess. Need to find someone to patch the holes when I remove that bimini and radar arch....then need to sell the arch so it does not take up space here.. lol

Just rambling. Wife is worn out hearing grady grady grady ;)

Thanks guys. Will take pictures when she gets here.

Russ
p.s. if a mod sees this and is able to change my name to RussGW270 great.. if not, guess I can delete the acct and remake it.. lol