To the moderators at Great Grady, re: Arc Tek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
First-off, I love this site. So mad props to you for a fine board.

However, I think it is very irresponsible to remove the threads about the Arc-Tec guy. We all use these sites as a way to inform each other on a variety of topics, including who to use and who NOT to use. This guy has been on this site selling stuff and clearly whatever is going on, it has ALOT of people very angry and losing money. If it were the rantings of a single person, maybe it is a smear. However when literally 10 or more people are all having the same type of experience, if it smells like Sh*t it probably is...

Those two threads should have remained, so that people can make their own decisions. There are people who bought stuff from this guy based on his posts HERE. The very least you can do is allow people to see how his transactions are going, and also to see how he reacts to his customers in an adverse situation.

If there are comments within the thread that you feel may cause you to have legal problems, remove that single post.

Just noticed this...
http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6907
This is a guy who missed the thread and look at his question!

arc-tek marine

Reaction score
Website
www.arctekmarine.com
GUYS I OFFER SOMETHING GOOD .LAUNCHERS FOR 3 HUNDRED BUCKS.. ALL DONE BEING A NICE GUY. I ALWAYS SUPPORTED THIS SITE. BOTH WITH LINKS ON 2 OF MY OWN SITES...REMEMBER 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY...I COULD CARE LESS IF ANYONE OF YOU USE MY SERVICES. WITH THAT SAID, YOU MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICE.. JIM

GulfGrady

Reaction score
You keep stating 2 sides to the story but never seem to tell your side. So what's your side of the story?

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GulfGrady said:
You keep stating 2 sides to the story but never seem to tell your side. So what's your side of the story?

Exactly, please tell us. If you have a defensable position, defend it!

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
www.NauticalHeadquarters.com
I cant beleive the moderators of this site allow this man to conduct his illegal practices on here. He is a 100% bonafide crook. To add to it, he also threatened to kill someone yesterday. If I ran a forum, that would be the absolute Worst offense and why you would erase a death threat is beyond me. Wow.

Greg Snow

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
Either way he should put down the bottle or whatever he is doing and pick up the weilder and finish the jobs he got paid for. :wink:

I feel sorry for the people who he screwed just hope they take him to
court. :twisted:

SoundAngler

Reaction score
I have been following the posts here and on THT over the last few days, and it's quite odd. Of all the people moaning and groaning, it only appears that one (count that, one) person has ever been allegedly ripped off. Lots of opinion, lots of keyboard warrior and armchair quarterback comments, but only 1 person who has actually, allegedly, been ripped off.

Everyone else just wants to chime in with their opinions. I am no expert on his work, however, I have seen a few jobs he has done, and know a few folks who got their rigs done at his shop. All without problem. Maybe a little late, but done, as promised.

I could type anything I want to slander someone on a forum, and it is just that, my typing. Does anyone really have supposed proof or real data (other than the THT guy who seems to have started all this?, who has typed his allegations in order charge up a large crowd). I am not talking about your opinion, how much he may or may not drink, or anything else. I am talking about being ripped off, as is the angle of this whole insane debate.

If he was ripping people off as a standard, I doubt he would be in business still, much less doing the amount of work he is (drove by his shop location only 2 weeks ago, and there has to be 15+ boats there, that weren't there 2-3 weeks prior, the last time I went by that way).

I have lurked around this site here for months, and been on THT (different username) for years (and with wheels, blah blah blah). It appears that the "thought" of someone being ripped off has sparked an outcry for the "let's kill the guy" syndrome, you know, like in the Frankenstein movies.

So his responses haven't been stellar, the guy has to be completely ticked off by this point, as this is really only pure supposition and mob mentality, no more. It doesn't excuse the threatening responses, however, I can see where he is coming from, right or wrong.

salmonslasher

Reaction score
SoundAngler said:
I have been following the posts here and on THT over the last few days, ...

there are MANY people in the posts, myself included, who he screwed around with for months before finally delivering and in the process was completely non responsive until publicly embarassed, then he repeatedly lied for weeks and weeks and was abussive both verbally and by email. While we may not have been ripped off product wise, he stole vast amounts of our time playing his little games.

SoundAngler

Reaction score
^^

So that means what? I agree, it is wrong to do that, but to turn this all into a junior high school level slam fest is ridiculous.

We are supposed to be adults, who own and run boats, so we likely have jobs and money to play with, since these are luxury items for nearly all. Delaying customer delivery isn't right, but it happens, ALOT in this industry. Like it or not, it is the truth with many marine business, especially anything custom.

Like I said, I don't agree with the lateness, but if you know where your boat is and dropped it off there, just go to the shop, and when responding to posts, we should all at least attempt to act like we are over 15 years old.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SoundAngler said:
I have been following the posts here and on THT over the last few days, and it's quite odd. Of all the people moaning and groaning, it only appears that one (count that, one) person has ever been allegedly ripped off. Lots of opinion, lots of keyboard warrior and armchair quarterback comments, but only 1 person who has actually, allegedly, been ripped off.

Everyone else just wants to chime in with their opinions. I am no expert on his work, however, I have seen a few jobs he has done, and know a few folks who got their rigs done at his shop. All without problem. Maybe a little late, but done, as promised.

I could type anything I want to slander someone on a forum, and it is just that, my typing. Does anyone really have supposed proof or real data (other than the THT guy who seems to have started all this?, who has typed his allegations in order charge up a large crowd). I am not talking about your opinion, how much he may or may not drink, or anything else. I am talking about being ripped off, as is the angle of this whole insane debate.

If he was ripping people off as a standard, I doubt he would be in business still, much less doing the amount of work he is (drove by his shop location only 2 weeks ago, and there has to be 15+ boats there, that weren't there 2-3 weeks prior, the last time I went by that way).

I have lurked around this site here for months, and been on THT (different username) for years (and with wheels, blah blah blah). It appears that the "thought" of someone being ripped off has sparked an outcry for the "let's kill the guy" syndrome, you know, like in the Frankenstein movies.

So his responses haven't been stellar, the guy has to be completely ticked off by this point, as this is really only pure supposition and mob mentality, no more. It doesn't excuse the threatening responses, however, I can see where he is coming from, right or wrong.

I can't help it. This post is so ignorant I simply must reply.

Interesting in that this is your first post... I presume Arc-Tek is your friend and hence you signed up to 'show' us how insane we are for wanting to know the truth and understand what the real issue is...?

His responses have not been stellar?? lol, that is an understatement. He threatened someones life....Arc-Tek himself created the flames with his responses. He has one person to blame. Really, a more pragmatic person would have responded with the ‘other side of the story’. He still has not done that.

I was looking at this guy to do some work for me. I DO THINK that his drunkenness, threats, incivility, poor business practices and super late deliveries are very relevant. You want a drunken fool showing up at your house to drop off product? I sure as hell don’t, I have kids and a wife and find that info very useful. Your comment that only 1 PERSON got ripped off, somehow makes his business practices ok?? Or something the community should not be aware of? Give me a break.

Also, how is waiting all that time to get your goods, not worthy of discussion on this board? Arc-Tec could have responded appropriately and defended his position, he did not, instead, he flew off the handle in an extremely unprofessional and I daresay dangerous way.

From THT…

In addition to the guy whom you accused of posting merely to start a flame war…**another guy is still waiting for his mounting hardware and has since given up. **Yet another had to resort to bashing him on his boards and embarrassing him to get his product. **To another person he threatened to sink his boat...stop me when I say something is not relevant to this community...**someone else had to actually drive 3 hours to his shop because he would not send him the product. **Yet another had his product delivered after threats and the guy showed up stone drunk, to the point where the customer was pretty concerned.

Again, how is this not relevant?

Clearly the guy is skilled. No one is debating that, when (and now if) he gets his product to you, it is nice. But as a business man and a reliable human being, he seems to be lacking and maybe should not have his own business. However, this is America and he does, if these boards did not exist, we would have no idea who we were dealing with. I guess that is the way you prefer it. Ignorance, leave the guy alone, don’t talk about what he has done…

salmonslasher

Reaction score
SoundAngler said:
^^

So that mean what? I agree, it is wrong to do that, but to turn this all into a junior high school level slam fest is ridiculous.

We are supposed to be adults, who own and run boats, so we likely have jobs and money to play with, since these are luxury items for nearly all.

Like I said, I don't agree with the lateness, but if you know where your boat is and dropped it off there, just go to the shop, and when responding to posts, we should all at least attempt to act like we are over 15 years old.

If you want to discuss this intelligently you need to read all the posts. Most of the people he screws with are people who order stuff long distance (like rocket launchers) THEREFORE they can not just "go to the shop" as you suggest.

Once he gets your money and the initially stated time frame for completition of the job passes, his little game begins. IF you don't think his documented behavior deserves a public bashing, you should try ordering something from him long distance and see how you like it.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SoundAngler said:
^^

So that mean what? I agree, it is wrong to do that, but to turn this all into a junior high school level slam fest is ridiculous.

I think most would agree. Tell the truth. Simple.
Most I think have been pretty civil until Ark-Tec starting cussing them out. So-What? I cant beleive you dont think people should inform each other, we are all boaters, lets steer one another away from business that are HIGHLY likely to cause you to have issues and avoidable stress.

SoundAngler said:
We are supposed to be adults, who own and run boats, so we likely have jobs and money to play with, since these are luxury items for nearly all.
What's this got to do with anything? This is a message board, get used to it or go back to lurking.

SoundAngler said:

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
salmonslasher said:
SoundAngler said:
^^

If you want to discuss this intelligently you need to read all the posts. Most of the people he screws with are people who order stuff stuff long distance (like rocket launchers) and once he gets your money and the initially stated time frame for completition of the job passes, his little game begins. IF you don't think that behavior deserves a public bashing, you should try ordering something from him long distance and see how you like it.

Exactly.

SoundAngler

Reaction score
I have read all the posts, here and on THT, and no, I don't know this ARC TEK guy, I just live in the area. Yes, it was my first post, and this will be my last on this topic. I typically don't post on these boards, at all, but following this has been crazed. Unfortunate, as this is a good site, but this kind of crud should not be allowed on any board.

As for your opinion, it is just that. Facts, that is what should be dealt with when slandering a person or their business. The topic at hand is ripping someone off. How many have been ripped off? Not delayed delivery (which is a bad business practice), not ignoring contacts, but being ripped off. I am not opposed to any fact based accounting of actions, however, on the internet, anyone can post whatever they want, and it is what, assumed to be true. Assumption of that would be ignorance. The guy from Wisconsin sounds like he has a valid problem, and should be dealt with appropriately. The violent intent posts on THT and from the ARC TEK guy don't help anyones cause.

You speak of ignorance, so maybe, you ought to reflect on that. Ignorant I am not. Above petty internet bickering, I am. Rational adult conversation is one thing. This whole thing has not been that, in any way, on either side.

Mob mentality, no more. Call it what you will, call me what you will, it's only the internet, and if this holds to history, it won't impact his business by more than a margin.

Enjoy the rest of this thread, as I am done even looking at it.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SoundAngler said:
I have read all the posts, here and on THT, and no, I don't know this ARC TEK guy, I just live in the area. Yes, it was my first post, and this will be my last on this topic. I typically don't post on these boards, at all, but following this has been crazed. Unfortunate, as this is a good site, but this kind of crud should not be allowed on any board.

As for your opinion, it is just that. Facts, that is what should be dealt with when slandering a person or their business. The topic at hand is ripping someone off. How many have been ripped off? Not delayed delivery (which is a bad business practice), not ignoring contacts, but being ripped off.

You speak of ignorance, so maybe, you ought to reflect on that. Ignorant I am not. Above petty internet bickering, I am.

Mob mentality, no more. Call it what you will, call me what you will, it's only the internet, and if this holds to history, it won't impact his business by more than a margin.

Enjoy the rest of this thread, as I am done even looking at it.

Farewell.

The topic is Arc-Tek and whether or not people should choose to spend their money with this individual. For some reason you are trying to keep us on topic..."how many people did he actually rip-off." I think many other people want to know whether or not to buy from this person. As such, more than just 'did you ever get your product, like even if it was 10 months later' is indeed relevant.

It's only the Internet? No offense, but that really is a head-under-rock statement IMO. Have you followed what the LUHRS 41 saga has done to LUHRS? To political campaigns? Pick your topic, the Internet is the most effective communication medium today. It is even more powerful when you are dealing with a relatively small and informed community.

It can affect you positively and negatively. We do agree on one thing, people ought to seriously consider what they say, before they post.

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
Capt Armchair said:
SoundAngler said:

I can't help it. This post is so ignorant I simply must reply.

Interesting in that this is your first post... I presume Arc-Tek is your friend and hence you signed up to 'show' us how insane we are for wanting to know the truth and understand what the real issue is...?

His responses have not been stellar?? lol, that is an understatement. He threatened someones life....Arc-Tek himself created the flames with his responses. He has one person to blame. Really, a more pragmatic person would have responded with the ‘other side of the story’. He still has not done that.

I was looking at this guy to do some work for me. I DO THINK that his drunkenness, threats, incivility, poor business practices and super late deliveries are very relevant. You want a drunken fool showing up at your house to drop off product? I sure as hell don’t, I have kids and a wife and find that info very useful. Your comment that only 1 PERSON got ripped off, somehow makes his business practices ok?? Or something the community should not be aware of? Give me a break.

Also, how is waiting all that time to get your goods, not worthy of discussion on this board? Arc-Tec could have responded appropriately and defended his position, he did not, instead, he flew off the handle in an extremely unprofessional and I daresay dangerous way.

From THT…

In addition to the guy whom you accused of posting merely to start a flame war…**another guy is still waiting for his mounting hardware and has since given up. **Yet another had to resort to bashing him on his boards and embarrassing him to get his product. **To another person he threatened to sink his boat...stop me when I say something is not relevant to this community...**someone else had to actually drive 3 hours to his shop because he would not send him the product. **Yet another had his product delivered after threats and the guy showed up stone drunk, to the point where the customer was pretty concerned.

Again, how is this not relevant?

Clearly the guy is skilled. No one is debating that, when (and now if) he gets his product to you, it is nice. But as a business man and a reliable human being, he seems to be lacking and maybe should not have his own business. However, this is America and he does, if these boards did not exist, we would have no idea who we were dealing with. I guess that is the way you prefer it. Ignorance, leave the guy alone, don’t talk about what he has done…

Yea what he said.

Thanks Capt Armchair. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.