Trailer dimensions for 265 express owners

grady_22

Reaction score
Just put a deposit down on a 2000 265 Express this weekend somewhat unexpectedly, as I had gone to look at a another boat, and the dealer happened to have a 265 on the lot that needed some things. Long story short, the 265 was a good deal and am moving forward with it.

However, I need to modify the trailer I have in my driveway to accept the boat. Would any 265 Express owners on here who trailer their boats be able to get some dimensions for me on their trailer? I need bunk size (length and size material), bunk spacing (space in between), and also bunk placement in relationship to bow stop. Also if you have any pictures of your trailer without the boat on it that would be extraordinarily helpful.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Call GW cust service at 252-752-2111. They will happily send you an excel spreadsheet listing all the exact measurements for where the bunks need to go.

Reactions: grady_22

grady_22

Reaction score
Thanks!, just gave them a call and they should be sending it over. I will post back here if I still need help.

grady_22

Reaction score
So I received the spec sheet. Its attached below in case anyone needs it. What is does not tell me is the ideal length of the bunks. Going to give load-rite a call and see what they say for the size trailer I am working with.

To clarify this, I had bought a really nice Load-rite Elite Catamaran trailer with the intention on finding a Tigercat and had spent some serious coin on upgrading it to Vortex hubs and Kodiak 100% stainless brakes. I am going to remove all of the Cat bunks and crossmembers and convert it to accept the 265 versus finding another trailer.

Attachments

• 00TRAILR.pdf
    29.8 KB · Views: 15

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Congrats on the 265!

Here's a couple shots of the trailer I use for my 2005 265. Those outer bunks are 14 feet long and do extend a little past the stern while the forward foot or so has no contact, might be a little oversized but that's what came with the trailer. The inner ones are 6 feet and are just to prevent the keel from hitting the cross member when loading and I don't have the tide and trailer placement perfectly balanced, they aren't load bearing once the boat is up and on the main bunks.

002DB61D-1C52-444E-89D0-2B000E202FDD.jpgF9DACAB5-DD92-4805-9C9D-F7B44F255AE5.jpg

grady_22

Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting those pictures guys. Really was struggling here trying to find information online and through countless calls today. These really help!

grady_22

Reaction score
Congrats on the 265!

Here's a couple shots of the trailer I use for my 2005 265. Those outer bunks are 14 feet long and do extend a little past the stern while the forward foot or so has no contact, might be a little oversized but that's what came with the trailer. The inner ones are 6 feet and are just to prevent the keel from hitting the cross member when loading and I don't have the tide and trailer placement perfectly balanced, they aren't load bearing once the boat is up and on the main bunks.

View attachment 16125View attachment 16126

Are the outer bunks just a rectangular profile, or do they have a trapezoidal angle cut at the top? I cant tell in the pictures. I have been having trouble sourcing bunk material in 3 x 10 like most of the trailer manufacturers use. I found a saw mill that can get me Douglas fir in those lengths, and can cut an angle in the lumber if I need. Just not sure what it should be. I will be mounting the boards perpendicular to the v-shape crossmember similar to what you have in your photos.

Also, do your target bunks support the boat when it is fully on the trailer? or purely for alignment when loading? It looks like they are pretty far back on the trailer, but can't fully tell.

grady_22

Reaction score
Figured out that the angle of my trailer cross members are about 6 degrees, so to match a 20-21 degree deadrise, it looks like I will have to have the top of the bunk board cut at 15 degrees give or take a degree.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Figured out that the angle of my trailer cross members are about 6 degrees, so to match a 20-21 degree deadrise, it looks like I will have to have the top of the bunk board cut at 15 degrees give or take a degree.
Bunks have an angle across the top, delta between the outside height and inside height is a 1/2" across a 3" width so that, I think, comes out to something more like 10 degrees but my crossmember angle may also be different. The small forward pair are in contact with the bow when loaded as are the main bunks, the rear interior bunks are only for guiding and lifting the hull enough so the deep entry on the bow doesn't hit before the main bunks pick up the hull. It's not a great pic but the attached gives you an idea where the bow is in contact. 3518A30C-96DA-440E-AF57-363745178C86.jpg