Trailer Slides

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I used them for years and they are very good, she will slide almost like rollers . Careful not to unhook the strap before the trailer is in the water , you may scratch the concrete.

teaklejr

Reaction score
Used them on our F26 trailer and could not have been happier. Cost more than others but that's because they work way better.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Never used that brand, but have used others - they pretty much all work the same and they work GREAT! You didn't mention what type of bunks you have, but for 2x6 bunks, I've used the TieDown brand - the reason I liked those is that they are a 3-sided "cap" so the screws are into the sides of the bunks, not the top... avoiding damage to the gelcoat should a screw pop up (which they can eventually do) that you don't take notice to.

Reactions: Timcan

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Dennis has a good point. If you have the 6"x2" bunks the supplied screws will eventually pop up as the bunks get old . I have aluminum bunks and I used heavy duty S/S pop rivets . No problem in 9 years.

Reactions: Lt.Mike

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Has anyone tried these or something similar ?
I have a 228 and a bunk trailer.
The ramp can be on the shallow side and looking for a edge.

Thanks,

Thought about it but one reason I made the switch from roller to bunks is for the boat to stay put once I snugged it up on the trailer instead of having it sliding back when loading. Found that to be a pain when I was doing things solo, even when not. Now I snug it up, climb off without worry it’ll roll off, pull the trailer a little up the ramp and hook the chain and strap without getting my feet wet.
That’s something to appreciate in November and December after a day of chasing stripers.
If you still want to get some slip
there’s also is this product you can try...
B63B98AE-382E-4168-8BB1-970D74635E66.jpeg
FEFCDDEB-3AF3-4EFC-9CEE-2B8FA06CB384.jpeg

Last edited:

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Dennis has a good point. If you have the 6"x2" bunks the supplied screws will eventually pop up as the bunks get old . I have aluminum bunks and I used heavy duty S/S pop rivets . No problem in 9 years.
There’s another reason I left rollers. Had one pop off and loaded before I saw it. Left a nice gouge in the gel coat. Never had that happen with a bunk trailer I had before.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Never had that happen with a bunk trailer I had before.
Not to one of my boats, but I've seen it happen with a bunk trailer, before. Or, I should say, I've seen the aftermath. Not pretty. Imagine what happens when a board breaks away from the metal mount that it's secured to.

Reactions: Lt.Mike

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Not to one of my boats, but I've seen it happen with a bunk trailer, before. Or, I should say, I've seen the aftermath. Not pretty. Imagine what happens when a board breaks away from the metal mount that it's secured to.
Don’t have to imagine, ;)
Happened to my aluminum boat this past summer. Took the boat out a week before vacation for a shake down run. Loading it it seemed odd. Once home I discovered the two back bunks had broken free. Fortunately nothing bad happened to the boat.
Could have repaired it for about $150 but I just said screw it, too old to be playing that game anymore so $1,100 later I had a new trailer under it for a worry free trip.
when I got back I sold the old trailer for $500 as is.
So $600 got me a worry free rig for a number of years ahead.
B8A05200-ABD1-4AB0-B0B2-D20C379A2697.jpeg
29769984-C6C8-46CE-A59F-B0BD97D59563.jpeg
I don’t know how obvious it is but the new trailer is 2’ longer which made backing it, dunking and retrieving the boat noticeably easier. Trucks rear tires don’t get near the water. The price difference between a 14’ trailer like this 15’ boat once sat on and a 16’ trailer was just $50 so it was a no brainer.
DF7B7545-8D7C-4E82-8967-8CB2E9713366.jpeg
The Grady’s trailer cost me $4,800 with all its bells and whistles. I was happy to sell its old trailer for $500. I think I made out pretty good on the tin boats trailer purchase and sale.
Come to the conclusion lately that’d id rather spend the day on the water than working on stuff. ;)

14F45188-BCA6-43E0-AC0E-2CA0CD6CBCD6.png

Last edited:

ilmmct

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I purchased and installed the Surfix Trailer guides last year. Very happy with the product … here is a related tread on this topic: