transducer mounting on a 96 gulfstream with single engine on a bracket.

jcdubs58

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
curently have a p66 on starboard side want to add a gt23tm on portside is this doable? set back on engine is about 32 inches

WOOF

Reaction score
I just installed an Airmar 185HW under the bracket to the right of the garboard plug. Tested it over the weekend and had very solid performance, even maintained depth reading at 40kts although definitely some noise on the screen. At slower speeds had tremendous performance (under 10kts).

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Just stay off centerline enough, I had some issues being new to bracket last year. I was quick to get help here. To close to center line created to much dirty water for prop so beware.

chrisk

Reaction score
Just stay off centerline enough, I had some issues being new to bracket last year. I was quick to get help here. To close to center line created to much dirty water for prop so beware.
I mounted my transducer (24 Explorer) just to the right side of the drain plug fitting (almost centerline) and it has never worked better. My motor is also on a bracket at tit seems that the motor is far enough back to not be an issue.

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
yes the transducers worked well for me but I had 3 back there. 2 big ones for the echo map plus units and a panoptic down and forward scanning connected to the gps map unit all either side of the center line. once I moved them outward a bit it made the difference.