Transom Mount Transducer Placement 2007 330 Grady White Express

Cmiller32

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
In recently purchased an Airmar chirp LHW 275 transom mount and trying to figure out the best mounting location for a 2007 Grady White Express, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Surprised that you would put a transom mount on such a big boat. What size is your Express?

HMBJack

Reaction score
I did this on my 2006 330 Express. I mounted mine close to the keel. Getting the height right is important (bottom of transducer relative to the bottom of the keel). The Manufacturer can advise you best on this. I can text you photos if you PM me your #.

As to why a transom mount? I upgraded from a very basic unit to a much better transom mount so the install was relatively easy for me. I also prefer as few holes in the bottom of my boat as possible. That said - when I do a full upgrade, I'll go with a traditional, big boat, transducer.

Cmiller32

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I did this on my 2006 330 Express. I mounted mine close to the keel. Getting the height right is important (bottom of transducer relative to the bottom of the keel). The Manufacturer can advise you best on this. I can text you photos if you PM me your #.

As to why a transom mount? I upgraded from a very basic unit to a much better transom mount so the install was relatively easy for me. I also prefer as few holes in the bottom of my boat as possible. That said - when I do a full upgrade, I'll go with a traditional, big boat, transducer.

PM sent , appreciate the help. Reason for transom mount is due to upgrading from Airmar B60 style transducer (cheap) to more offshore style for tuna / swordfish. Also didn’t make sense to cut new holes in hull of boat and have to refill, makes more sense to install the 275 transom as you did. Looking forward to seeing pictures of how it turned out

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
On my 265 Express I put the transom mount between the motors. I used a Stern Pad brand mounting block from Amazon. Thumbs Up!

Bayhouse

Reaction score
As close to the centerline as possible, next to garboard plug.