Update on cabin rod-racks.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just got the call that my cabin rod-racks are digitized, the cost for the pair of racks, in 3/4" Grady-color-matched King Starboard, is $99, plus shipping. I will have to drill the holes and add the bungy cords that hold the rods in place, and buy a piece of aluminum angle at Lowes or H.D., to mount them to the cabin wall. If you would want them hinged like the factory-installed ones, you would have to make a single, straight cut on each of the 2 racks (or that cut could be made for you), and add your own hinges.

If anyone would like to have a pair, let me know. If we get an order for 2 or 3 more sets, the cost will be around $75/pair. These were patterned from a '93 Sailfish, (thanks, Brian) and should work fine (perhaps with minor changes) for other years. (Mine is an '02, so we'll see :)

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Count me in. $75 would be a great price. Where are you getting the grady color HPDE?

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
1st grady said:
Count me in. $75 would be a great price. Where are you getting the grady color HPDE?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gw204

Reaction score
Found this shot on Ebay today. Hopefully it will help you guys with the mounting on your newer boats with the window valances.

5e80_3.jpg
[/img]

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Does anyone have a picture of the forward bracket, so I can see how it's mounted?

Any reason why I couldn't put these on an Islander?

Thanks,

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Brian, I don't have the picture you're looking for, but the digitized drawings which will be used to cumputer-cut these rod-racks, have an extended piece on the back, which was hinged on Brians boat. Instead of having each end of the rack be two pieces (that the hinge connects, I had him set it up to be routed out as a single piece. That will allow us to cut if off, for hinging, or in the case of a slightly different shape as in the window valance-mount, to custom-cut that section to shape on a band saw or with jig-saw.

I see no reason why this wouldn't work for you, but you would have to look at the pics of Brians rod-racks to see if it would work.

Anyone who said they want one, check your PM.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday, Bill.

If it's not too late, please add me for a set.

Thanks,
Brian

gw204

Reaction score
Shoot them to me bud. gw204@hotmail.com

BTW - How did you guys do in the MSSA tourney? We caught a big 'ol fat, stinky skunk. Anyway, I didn't get into my slip at the Beacon until about 6 PM so if you stopped by, sorry I missed you.

t bird

Reaction score
I just finished up getting everything ready by then and off
to "Naughty gull".
I caught nada....and i dragged lines all day!!
It was my wife and i and one crew.....he started lookin
green at hoopers light....and so we didn't get down to 68-72
area....WHERE THE FISH WERE!!!....where i did well the year before...
I did learn i can set and retrieve planer boards solo...(fished w/ the riggers after almost flipping a 40" board)
and next year...it looks like it'll be her driving and "CREW OF ONE"....

i tell you that ride up to South River SOLO was a long hard ride!!!

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'll be finalizing the order for the cabin-mounted rod-racks tomorrow. So far, besides me, there are 6 people ordering:

1st Grady - 1
ocnslr - Brian - 1
Kenlahr - 1
Tunacious - 1
CKJR - 1
NA2P - 1

If anyone else wants to be added to the list, please let me know as soon as possible, so you can be included. Thanks.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The rod-racks are all finished, packed, and shipped via UPS. They went out late this afternoon, so you should see them showing up, I would think, by mid-week. When you get your's, let me know what you think.

Meanwhile, you still need to go buy some 1/8" bungy, and a piece of aluminum angle. Oh yea, and hinges, if you happen to want to make them fold flat to the cabin wall (don't think I'm going to do that, as I have never folded the ones in my '93 Sailfish. In 12 years of ownership, they always had 6 rods hanging on them, except when we were fishing. :D

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Capt bill, received mine today, Will send out postage check shortly-thanks CKJR

Tunacious D

Reaction score
Got mine. They look great. Hopefully I will get a chance this weekend to get over to the boat and fit them up. I was going to hinge them, but now that I think about it, there will always be rods on them except for times when they are out back doing the work.

Thanks again Capt. Bill and Brian for all the hard work and coordination and starting this thread so the rest of us can improve our boats too.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Safe and Prosperous New Years to All.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Glad to have been able to help :D

Now how 'bout let's see some pix of these installed.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Well, I took a chance and batted zero.

The racks are much too large for our little Islander.

Could probably cut them up, modify, maybe make fit. But we have storage for ten (10) rods under the hardtop, plus two more down below, so I think not worth it.

So, if anyone who missed their chance for these beautifully made rod racks is interested, please send me a PM.

Brian