West Marine Price Matched Amazon

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I walked into West and found the impeller I needed to repair my macerator. It was $44. Amazon had it for $22. The associate said they would price match Amazon and they did!

Previously brick and mortar stores wouldn't match online stores. Try it next time you need something ASAP. That's if they have it in stock - most shelfs are sparse - but free ship to store.

Also their Rewards Points are 4% and on triple points weekends they are 12%. I got $480 back on a $4,000 Garmin unit that nobody discounts.

I don't work for West Marine. I always thought they were overpriced (and they still are). I shopped there only when I had to. But if you work the angles West can be a good deal.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Things like electronics I do shop there . Why? Garmin pretty much sets the price on their stuff meaning no matter where you go you pay the sane price. Given that ,why not shop there and get their points? I will turn around and buy new Shimano reels or a Star rod or the world's best anchor for nearly nothing. I shipped for new stereo parts and West Marine charges what Crutchfield does for speakers and the head unit . So, I bought it from WM to earn the points .

As a gold rewards member you get more points per dollar too. Sure sone things are over priced like you mentioned and they don't carry factory Yamaha branded stuff or MPI branded hoses . With that said I like the fact when I go to Florida on vacation there are west marine stores where I can pick stuff up in an emergency. Although, during the last year their shelves like so many stores are like walking into West Marine Moscow with very little inventory.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
WM stores here are either only open from 10-5 or not open at all. One of them has been rented out as a movie set on more than one occasion.

I can get it from Amazon to my door tomorrow and without the drama.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Almost have to match prices today. Amazon and others online are slowly killing brick and mortar - including their own.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I used to go to West Marine quite often to get things as yes, they would price match. Then I heard that they stopped doing that and hadn't really been back since, unless I needed something local and all of the other stores were sold out or didn't have the item. There's a place right down the street from West Marine that's called Harbor Marine and they have a much bigger selection of items and typically always have what I need in stock, if I need something right now. Unfortunately, with the way the world has been going for the last decade or so, it has been driving brick and mortar stores out of business or they only do online orders or whatnot. Which is frustrating because I'd rather give my money to a local business as opposed to a huge mega corporation like Amazon. But it pretty much all comes down to pricing for me and if I can get the item cheaper online, especially if there's no tax and/or free shipping, then I'll go that route. There's a company online called BOE Marine that I get most of my items through for my boats/trailers/motors and so forth that will price match, doesn't charge tax and usually offers free shipping. To me, I don't think they can be beat. Everyone keeps talking about the West Marine points, which are a good idea to try and get more customers, but with the amount you spend on tax I think you're probably breaking even or not gaining a whole lot with the points. If I spend a couple thousand dollars ordering things online and don't have to pay tax on them, then that's probably as much or more money saved as opposed to getting points back. Which is more important to me. On top of that, BOE Marine gives you points as well for every item that you purchase and they have a promotional shipping deal for 2nd day shipping for $22, which is what a lot of companies charge for ground shipping, if you really needed the items quickly.

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have SeaGear in Cape May. They have a boater store and a commercial fisherman store. Excellent place to shop. Prices are fair and they bend over backwards to get your business. Right next to West Marine. I also like Hodges. Shop just about everywhere depending on the item.