What a great forum with great people

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been blessed in my life and i have had struggles. I have 3 kids. My two boys 16& 19 have neurological issues . My 19 year old had a massive stroke from meningitis at 24 days old. My son Cole at 13 developed epilepsy.

He will be Atlanta this week at Emory University for tests to determine exactly what kind of epilepsy he has and where it is occurring. It's Cole's spring break. His mother will stay with him and I am going back to NC for Kyle.

Through this forum I have met a number of you. I have become friends with some of you and it's because of this forum. This weekend I have been talking to Parthery about places to eat. In those conversations I shared with him about why we are here. I got a heart felt message from him about if my wife needs anything this week, he will help.

Boating is sometimes much more than nuts and bolts and motors and such. I joked with him yet another perk of owning a Grady. I don't want to embarrass him but I do want to say this forum is made up of some really good people. We just all happen to have a similar addiction. Y'all are great. It's reason number 17 why I love boating .

Green Mountain Grady

Reaction score
Hey Smoky, I hope things go well for your son. Sending you lots of good thoughts and hope! You're right there are some great folks on this forum. Smooth sailing!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Good luck with your son. Hope you get the info and answers you need.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SmokyMtnGrady and I go way back....don't remember how we originally got connected - might have been here....might have been on THT.

Found out we grew up around the corner from each other...went to rival High Schools....

We've met in person exactly once....and it was on the St Johns River between Blue Springs and Sanford...both of us happened to be visiting family in the Orlando area and happened to have our boats with us.

I hope things go OK this week...but if the Admiral needs anything don't hesitate to call.....

PS - we will get that BBQ on your next trip into town. :grin:

Greyduk

Reaction score
SmokeyMtnGrady, Good luck with your son. Parthery, you're a good man. I know that you have been helpful to a lot of people here including me. It's good to know that there are good people in the world, when all you hear about are negative things. God bless both of you guys.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Wow Smokey, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Boating has a way of making families stronger and bringing people together. Stay strong!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Thanks guys. We are hoping to find answers for our son Cole. Brian, we will meet up for BBQ for sure. All you Lake Lanier guys, I am in for a Grady lake round up. It would be cool to meet you guys for a weekend of fun .

Brian, if Cole is a candidate for surgery and we decide to do it, I will be calling you guys for sure.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
SmokyMtnGrady said:
Thanks guys. We are hoping to find answers for our son Cole. Brian, we will meet up for BBQ for sure. All you Lake Lanier guys, I am in for a Grady lake round up. It would be cool to meet you guys for a weekend of fun .

Brian, if Cole is a candidate for surgery and we decide to do it, I will be calling you guys for sure.

Keep me in mind for the Lanier Grady gathering. I'm game for a road trip.

Keep us updated on Cole.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Smoky - you were talking about Margaritaville and Spring Break. This might be of interest:

http://www.discoverlakelanier.com/marga ... ke-lanier/

Lake Lanier Islands lost me when they started charging $15 to tie up at the dock....even if only to use the restroom or purchase a beverage. Too many other places on the lake to eat and drink.

If they can get this right this time, it should be hugely successful.

Ya'll are all welcome to come to the ATL....a summer get together sounds good.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Best wishes to you and the family.
Do your research and find the best help you can get. The medical community has many varying degrees of competency within the same field. Unfortunately it can take time to find the right person with the right solution, but the investment is worth it.
Good luck.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Cole came home and he never had a seizure at Emory. It's bitter sweet. He is very stable even without meds. The good news his doctor cleared him to drive.

I am game for a Lanier raft up but it has to be in June or August. I am heading out west in July for a Griswold Vacation.

cbartle60

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Just got choked up reading this and your posts reminded me how blessed we all are to live in such a great country where we have boats and the freedom to use them and talk about them and any other issues whenever we want. May God bless you and your family Smoky and safe and happy boating to all.

JerseyJarred

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
Just got choked up reading this and your posts reminded me how blessed we all are to live in such a great country where we have boats and the freedom to use them and talk about them and any other issues whenever we want. May God bless you and your family Smoky and safe and happy boating to all.

THIS. :)

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Bob. You and your wife must be great parents. You sure haven’t let life's challenges slow down your family adventures together. That Grady 22 has travelled far and wide. I think your kids are more blessed than many.

Rob