Where do you store your gear on your 180 Sportsman

seansylva

Reaction score
I have a new-to-me 2003 Sportsman 180 that I'll be launching for the first time this summer. I've been collecting all the necessary gear (life jackets, throwable, fenders, dock lines, collapsable paddle...ect) and I'm curious if the collective wisdom has found any unique storage ideas for storing of all that? Other than just tossing it under the console.

thanks

Sean

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Also picked up a 180 this winter and having the same problem. I have my throwable, fenders, net, small tool kit and spare dock lines under the console. Then I have a safety gear bag (life jackets, flares, etc.) that I put under the seat next to a 5 gallon bucket. But while fishing, there is very little storage for tackle and fishing tools so I end up then tossing them in the electronics box that is already crammed with a 9" Garmin, wallets, cell phones, GPS cover and other random stuff. I am toying with the idea of mounting some kind of tool holder on the inside of the console door like this but it still doesn't make it easily accessible while fishing. If anyone else has any other ideas that have worked, I'd love to see them!
1658159396618.png1658159722442.png

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Been fishing my 2004 180 for 2 years now. My emergency box and tool box (2 plastic ammo boxes) are in the console along with the throwable, cast net, drift sock and anything else that won't move around much and hit the wiring.

I put a storage bin under the seat until I figure out something better...

1664312207216.png
This year I added a T-Top w/electronics box for radio, binocs and manuals. I got a T-Bag to hold life vests and other stuff. The T-Top has 7 rod holders which helps a lot. I know they're expensive but if you can swing it a great investment. N.B...I have a Honda 150 which helps with the extra weight.

IMG_0091s.jpg

I clamped one of these to the center upright on the stainless cage that's in front of the engine well...

1664312414391.png

I have one of these inside the engine well...

1664312501188.png

I'm looking for a removable bin that will hang under the rear port quarter seat. Will probably have to make one.

My boat is 99% fishing so I hang stuff everywhere, in places a family boater might not want to.