WTB Grady 232 Gulfstream w/ twins

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Looking to buy a 2005+ Grady 232 Gulfstream with twin power. I am Located in NY.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What's your budget? Are you willing to travel and if so, how far? There's a couple on Boat Trader or Boats.com, the first one I'm not sure if it's a scam or not but it's the closest one to you. I'm always a bit suspicious when they only have a couple of pictures that aren't very good quality and they don't put much of a description of the boat in the ad. The second one is in South Carolina and has been listed for several months now, of which it has also had the price dropped a couple different times. Not sure if that's indicative of it being in less than favorable condition or not. The third one, and the nicest out of the three imo, is the third link but it's also located in Texas and is the most expensive out of the three boats. If you're willing to travel or have it shipped to you, and dependent upon what your budget is, it might be a good fit. I personally like the 2006 and newer style better as they have the rear fold-down seat as opposed to the cut-out seat in the middle like the 2005 and older 232 Gulfstream's have. Good luck with your search!

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Ahhhh!! Yes 2006 and up! Thought it was in 05. I saw all of those boats, none really did it for me for one reason or another. Around 50-60k max. Don’t want to travel too far makes everything more difficult. I’d like to be able to look it over properly before buying it. Not in a rush either. Sold my Grady 208 last summer. I’m looking. Stern a Steiger craft or a Grady 232. I had one but it was a 89’ and I sold it quickly for a profit. Loved the way my adventure handled but it was too small and the 20 year old 2 stroke didn’t leave me feeling very confident when headed out into the ocean in the pitch black.

jbloom

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
IMG_0846a.jpgnone of these are mine. this boat new has skyrocketed like all boats, I saw a new one of these at the NY boat show priced at $236K
good luck in your search

not a twin

higher then your budget

another single engine

another over budget

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
236k?!! If you spend that on a 23’ boat you are completely insane !!!!
My neighbor bought a brand new Grady White 235 Freedom last summer and imagine he must’ve spent close to $200k on it. I personally wouldn’t want something that expensive because of A. The cost, clearly and B. I’d be afraid of getting a $200k boat dirty or damaged. And I think that’s how he feels as well. Oh well, it’s your money, if you want to spend it on a boat then go for it.

Reactions: Tug and jbloom

Marbles816

Reaction score
236k?!! If you spend that on a 23’ boat you are completely insane !!!!
In one way I agree...

However, if a person spent their life saving for their "wants" and accomplished their overall goals, I feel they deserve their "wants". Otherwise what that person has accomplished for themselves is not going to mean anything if they can't enjoy their life. Also, I don't think you can spend to much when your laying horizontal at least 6 feet below the ground in the future. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Bird Blaster

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
In one way I agree...

However, if a person spent their life saving for their "wants" and accomplished their overall goals, I feel they deserve their "wants". Otherwise what that person has accomplished for themselves is not going to mean anything if they can't enjoy their life. Also, I don't think you can spend to much when your laying horizontal at least 6 feet below the ground in the future. Just my opinion.
For 236k you can do much better than a /3’ Grady white. Cmon

BSHADLEY

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Ahhhh!! Yes 2006 and up! Thought it was in 05. I saw all of those boats, none really did it for me for one reason or another. Around 50-60k max. Don’t want to travel too far makes everything more difficult. I’d like to be able to look it over properly before buying it. Not in a rush either. Sold my Grady 208 last summer. I’m looking. Stern a Steiger craft or a Grady 232. I had one but it was a 89’ and I sold it quickly for a profit. Loved the way my adventure handled but it was too small and the 20 year old 2 stroke didn’t leave me feeling very confident when headed out into the ocean in the pitch black.
Looking to buy a 2005+ Grady 232 Gulfstream with twin power. I am Located in NY.
Are you still interested in purchasing a 232? I have a 2006 located in NC. Let me know if you are interested. Feel free to shoot me an email at brianh0402@gmail.com. Thanks,

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
This one is out of your budget at $75k but it is a 2008, has twins and is in New York as well. I think you're going to have to increase your budget a bit considering the year, make and model of boat that you are looking for, especially one with twins and that’s being listed during the summertime.

Reactions: Jzeno186

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
This one is out of your budget at $75k but it is a 2008, has twins and is in New York as well. I think you're going to have to increase your budget a bit considering the year, make and model of boat that you are looking for, especially one with twins and that’s being listed during the summertime.

Yeah I think so, but for 75k I’m better off with a

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yeah I think so, but for 75k I’m better off with a
I think it’s definitely a little bit overpriced or it probably would’ve likely sold already. It appears to be a nice looking, well kept boat… perhaps the owner would be open to offers? Never hurts to ask?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here’s one in NC, 2006 with twin F150’s and 700 hours on them. Says no trailer included, not sure if it could be purchased for extra. But looks like a pretty nice and clean looking boat.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Update, after looking at prices of the 232 and the fact I prob can’t tow it with my tundra as much as I want, makes more sense to go with a 282. Sooo… 05 + sailfish let me know!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Update, after looking at prices of the 232 and the fact I prob can’t tow it with my tundra as much as I want, makes more sense to go with a 282. Sooo… 05 + sailfish let me know!
What year Tundra do you have? I’ve got a 2010 Toyota Tundra for my tow rig and it’s got an 11k lb maximum tow rating to it. As long as you’re not going long distances and give yourself some time and room to slow down, I don’t think you’d have an issue if you have a similar year/model.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have an 18’ tundra. for the price point, I’d rather step up in size and slip it.

gstern

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Are you still looking. I have a nice 2001 Gulfstream w hardtop and all the extras. Twin Yamaha 150s $45,000

gstern

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Sure Ill have some photos to share thus week One owner boat in nice shape Well maintained and regularly serviced Not used too often