WTB Grady White 265 , 282 or 300.

28 conquest

Reaction score
Hi all, I want to buy a well maintained 265 express.
I prefer 4 strokes, but would also consider doing a re-power for the right boat.
Trailer is a plus! I am on the Hudson river in N.Y. Thank you

28 conquest

Reaction score
I prefer from 2002 -2005 when they raised the scuppers on the transom for the heavier 4 strokes, thanks.

28 conquest

Reaction score
if your 265 needs a repower that would be fine too as long as the hull is good.

Lucky13

Reaction score
good luck finding one it took me about 4 years but when you do you will love it!

Reactions: 28 conquest

Gullchaser

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Good luck with your search. I looked for 5 years until I found the perfect one for me. After having it for 1 season, I can say that it was definitely worth the hunt. I absolutely love this boat!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Tough boat to find. Too bad they stopped making them. It is a very capable machine. Good luck with search and post when you get one.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
How come you guys like the 265 so much? What made you choose it over the 282? I’d like to upgrade in the future to one of these two but I’m curious what drove you all to the 265 and how you find the captains chair in the middle rather than the side, seems tight for people to get around.

Ling king

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My 282 Sailfish is my first Grady White. Picked it up on Ebay from the east coast to the west coast. Just installed twin 250's and I couldn't be happier. You won't be disappointed any way you go.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I looked at quite a few boats and kept coming back to the 265, couple of key things for me. One, I just really like the lines, everything just flows and seems proportionally 'right'. I like the wider helm that comes with an express style and while it can get cramped I haven't found it to be a real inconvenience and I prefer the center helm arrangement, the hardtop is big and provides a lot of shelter from the sun. I like the notched transom that brings the engines in tight and makes it very easy to fight a fish around the stern of the boat. Huge open cockpit and incredible fuel capacity for a 26' boat which gives it great range. It's not perfect, but for me it's pretty damn close.

Gullchaser

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I needed a boat that was fish capable, yet could also spend a day at the sandbar with the wife and kids. The 265 fits the bill. I love the center helm; I like the "shoulder room" that you get by not having the walkaround set up, and there is more area for passengers to be sheltered by the hard top/curtains. The 265 rides like a much bigger boat. For me, it is a great compromise. It is a little bit difficult getting up forward without the walkaround, and the swim platform/ladder is a little awkward, but overall, it serves my purposes very well. Overall, a great setup.

28 conquest

Reaction score
I know this is a very difficult boat to find, so I am looking for other makes and models too.
I am ready to buy with cash 24-27 foot express or a center console, Thank You

Catnapper

Reaction score
New ad on Craigslist today. Jersey shore area. I have no affiliation with this, just helping out.

28 conquest

Reaction score
Just got back from Hampton bays and looked at a 265. I really thought this was the one by the photos.
I even bought the full amount in $100 dollar bills! She was really showing her age and then some! So much salt corrosion on the hard top aluminum and the top of the fuel tanks. The transom metal plate was really corroded and you could actually see the delamination in the transom, it was swelled out beyond the metal plate and had cracks.
Also the hour meter ,the refrigerator and other things did not work and the gelcoat was really faded!...! I am disappointed because I really like the layout of the 265 and the size.
Looks like I may just buy a newer boat and forget about the 265...I will keep looking but my hopes are diminishing for this OLD tired girl....

RJTFD

Reaction score
Just got back from Hampton bays and looked at a 265. I really thought this was the one by the photos.
I even bought the full amount in $100 dollar bills! She was really showing her age and then some! So much salt corrosion on the hard top aluminum and the top of the fuel tanks. The transom metal plate was really corroded and you could actually see the delamination in the transom, it was swelled out beyond the metal plate and had cracks.
Also the hour meter ,the refrigerator and other things did not work and the gelcoat was really faded!...! I am disappointed because I really like the layout of the 265 and the size.
Looks like I may just buy a newer boat and forget about the 265...I will keep looking but my hopes are diminishing for this OLD tired girl....
That stinks. Was boat advertised like the usual “excellent condition “ “mint” ? 265 is great design but unfortunately the last ones are already 16 years old. The ones that are truly in VG condition are rare to come into the market.
Good luck in your search.