WTB - Hard Top 1998+ Seafarer

Eddie226

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I know its a stretch but no better place to ask. Anyone? I would imagine by this point there may be a few restorable examples out there.

Located in NY, Nassau County

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I know its a stretch but no better place to ask. Anyone? I would imagine by this point there may be a few restorable examples out there.
I'm not sure where you're located or if it's still available, but JJMag had one for sale from his boat last fall, so maybe try reaching out to him and see if he still has it?

Eddie226

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thought I'd bump this up one time, thanks all

Eddie226

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yes waiting on some good pics, otherwise left coast right coast difference.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yes waiting on some good pics, otherwise left coast right coast difference.
It would help out significantly if you put on your profile or somewhere in your post where you're located, otherwise it's just kind of a guessing game as to what area you live in. Here's the fiberglass top only without any of the aluminum supports in Richmond, VA for $250. Not sure if it's still for sale or if it would work for your particular application. But if it is still for sale and works for you, the $250 price seems like it would be pretty hard to beat.

Eddie226

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thought I had it up there, thanks for pointing it out, updated.

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thay aren't a one size fits all, as the design of the cabin has changed over the years. I would contact Grady and find out what year range of hardtops will fit your boat.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Agreed... I won't be around my boat until likely this weekend or I'd go out and get some rough measurements for you, but I'm sure someone with a 226/228 Seafarer with a hardtop on it that has their boat next to them could probably help out. Or the information might even be on Google somewhere.

Eddie226

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
To the best of my knowledge cabin/cuddy dimensions are identical 98ish forward (once moving to the curved windshield) will double check with grady but would like to keep on topic. Thank you!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think what SeanC was referring to is the difference in size between the hardtop for a smaller boat like your Seafarer compared to a larger boat like say oh maybe a 232 Gulfstream, a 258 Journey, a 270 Islander or an even bigger boat than that.

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’m up at my beach cabin with my boat for the weekend and did some measuring… of which the factory hardtop on my boat is approximately 68” wide and approximately 83” long. It’s somewhat difficult to measure with the hump that the hardtop has but those are pretty close numbers. The one I linked to on the Craigslist ad at 72”x92” seems like it might be a bit on the big side for your boat.