WTB Hard Top for 208

Grady White Model
Adventure
I have a 208 Adventure 1996. Please help me locate someone who has an original Hardtop for sale. Thanks guys. A guy I met found one on Bloody Decks

not to fond of how atlantic towers secure to the boat - pretty sure they bolt to the floor and not how the factory top gets mounted. Specifically the rear portion

Scouter

Like you I looked for years. Never came close to finding one, there were so few in the fleet ever built with hardtops
I gave up and had Action Marine in Cape Coral, Fl build me one. Its better than factory. Lighter, and better lines. Was about 5k installed. Really happy with it. Im in maine the boats in FL, let me look for a pix

Jim

Grady White Model
Adventure
Like you I looked for years. Never came close to finding one, there were so few in the fleet ever built with hardtops
I gave up and had Action Marine in Cape Coral, Fl build me one. Its better than factory. Lighter, and better lines. Was about 5k installed. Really happy with it. Im in maine the boats in FL, let me look for a pix

Jim
Th

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Offshore
not to fond of how atlantic towers secure to the boat - pretty sure they bolt to the floor and not how the factory top gets mounted. Specifically the rear portion
Do you know that for a fact? There's probably multiple ways a tower can be configured to attach. Case in point, my Atlantic hardtop (which also happens to be an extended top... 3' longer than most) does not attach to the floor.

My facts are only my eyes and what Ive seen :) , granted that was years ago.
A-TowerMODS.png I see some of their new setups on the 20ft Gradys and they dont look that appealing to me personally. Especially the 90' brackets they use .

Oh well, differnet strokes for different folks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Offshore
My facts are only my eyes and what Ive seen :) , granted that was years ago.
View attachment 8666 I see some of their new setups on the 20ft Gradys and they dont look that appealing to me personally. Especially the 90' brackets they use .

Oh well, differnet strokes for different folks
Well, I guess that's my point. It's an opinion. I was only offering the OP a possible solution to the problem that could get him a hardtop sooner. My opinion, or anyone else's for that matter, on the aesthetics of it does't make a lick of difference. I'm sure he's capable of making his own decision on whether he likes the looks of it, or not.

But, that's a good picture of one that doesn't bolt to the floor.

It does appear that way.
Looks like the cooler lids were modified and that area of the boat was made for those uprights for the hardtop. I prefer for them to be mounted on the slanted part of the rear exterior cabin wall just behind the seats. I believe thats how the older ones were.
Also take note on the Atlantic tower how the framework behind the seats is kind of in the way. The factory hardtop has the framework behind the seats at a much wider distance making access to the cockpit less obstructive.

Grady White Model
Adventure
I’m just looking for a factory hard top for a 208 adventure 1996. Thanks for all the advice. I know it’s a long shot but it be worth it if it happens

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Offshore
Also take note on the Atlantic tower how the framework behind the seats is kind of in the way. The factory hardtop has the framework behind the seats at a much wider distance making access to the cockpit less obstructive.
Like the factory top, though, not all aftermarket tops are exactly as in that picture you posted. That's sort of like saying "I saw a black Corvette today, so ALL Corvettes must be black". Mine, for example, attaches only to the sides of the cockpit and there is no infringement/obstruction to cockpit seat access.

Zane - it's definitely going to be a long shot to try and find it - as you're finding out. Keep in mind that there is no structural reason to HAVE to have an "OEM" top - and it certainly won't hurt your resale value in any way, shape or form if you had an aftermarket. On the other hand, if you just want it because you want it... well, it's your boat and that's fine, too! :) Try searching marine salvage yards - maybe you'll find a wrecked one. However, you also run into the issue that hardtops were not NEARLY as common on small boats 20+ years ago... so that also lowers your odds.