Yamaha gauge refurbished?

Vince

Reaction score
I remember a post about a company that refurbishes yamaha gauges. Can someone lead me in the right direction.

Thanks Vince

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
They are worth every penny. Did both my tach and speedo. Good as new.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I did them myself with the directions and supplies from this video. I have done 2 with success and have 2 more to do. The first one I did was so faded you couldn't read it at all and now its good as new.

Paul_A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I did them myself with the directions and supplies from this video. I have done 2 with success and have 2 more to do. The first one I did was so faded you couldn't read it at all and now its good as new.

Fire93Medic based on your experience I went ahead and ordered a sheet of polarization film in order to attempt this repair. Thanks for posting this, I've been thinking of sending my gauges off but I had heard of guys doing it on their own and this video gave me the confidence to do it myself.

In the video he numbered his film pieces but didn't explain why. Before I removed the protective film I test assembled the display and plugged it into 12v power.

Then I grabbed my Costas and put them on. The display was black unless I turned it or my head sideways. Not wanting to have to turn my head sideways to read the gauge I tried switching the order the films are installed.

Works perfectly.

To have the polarization line up with Costas the bottom film piece should be cut off the long side of the sheet and the top film piece is cut from the short side.

Great fix, thanks!

Reactions: Andrew93