15 gal water tank

86TrophyPro

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to take out the water tank in an 86 Trophy Pro mine needs to be svcd' apparently I have a leak

blackgrady

Reaction score
I was inside my cabin working today (85 Trophy) and it looks to me that you first need to remove the storage box under the pass seat and disconnect everything from there. Then the access I believe is from inside the cabin, where you would have to remove the false wall and the floor of the false wall...It looks tight but I'm assuming that is the only way that its going to come out of there, maybe possibly removing the cabin wall also. Hope this helps.

Steve

86TrophyPro

Reaction score
Thx for your input BlackGrady, you might just be on to something there, I'll try that route if all else fails. I did contact Grady White which informed me that the tank is put in before the floor, etc is put on, they told me it's pretty much impossible, which makes me think there may be a dead end behind the wall you talk about (Now I'm curious) anyways my leak is at the pump fitting it seems the threads on the tank are worn and don't really grab the pump. I'm still tinkering with it, I may try to epoxy a new fitting right into that one, It's just so hard to work there cause unless you have really long arms you're just working with your fingertips, anyways, we'll see how it works out.

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
I know the feeling about working in that dark space. When I replaced the thruhull for the bait well overflow I could not reach the hullside. The only way to do it was send my 10 year old daughter "bless her" in and hold her by her legs. Working on the wash down pumps is also a pain in the butt. Come to think of it eveything is a pain to get at on these boats. Hope the newer ones are better.