1987 Offshore 24

Offshore24

Reaction score
Here's the ROBILY ready for summer. I'm the second owner. Canvas, kicker, and F225 are my upgrades. Need to build a bow roller this summer. Stripers are here. Time to fish. Tight lines.

resized_20663.jpg

greyg8r

Reaction score
What did you do to make that 18-year-old hull look so sweet? Paint? Re-gelcoat? Elbow grease and wax?

Offshore24

Reaction score
Elbow grease. 3m Restorer/wax. Previous owner was a self admitted low maintenance guy. He didn't leave me with the best gel coat. Each season I get it as good as I can then launch and fish.

Offshore24

Reaction score
2005713115734_1967.jpg

29-inch striper I caught before work this morning (07/13/05). With all the room in the back of this boat it is a fishing machine.

Offshore24

Reaction score
Spring is a dirty little bugger.

Came back from vacation to find my boat holding up a tree.

resized_200752413391_1967.jpg

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
that SUCKS . I hope the damage is NONE but it looks like it may have crushed the gunnel in. :(

Offshore24

Reaction score
Bow rail, hand rail, bimini top poles and mounts, VHF antenna, 6-in hole in gunnel (from part of tree falling on it during tree removal). Bimini is fixed, temporary gelcoat repair is done. Bow rail, hand rail, VHF antenna are not fixed. Insurance company is dragging their feet. Starting to heat the water that they are sitting in today. Should be at full boil by the end of the week.

Boat's in the water and caught a few schoolie stripers yesterday.

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
Buffer

What kind of buffer did you apply this with or did you do it by hand?

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
Re: Buffer

Offshore24NJ said:
What kind of buffer did you apply this with or did you do it by hand?
Not sure what he used, but Makita makes a nice buffer/polisher with multi speeds perfect for this kind of job. I tried to do a section by hand and it was not as good of a job. With the polisher you can put more pressure without wearing yourself out in 20 minutes.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a cheap one from Harbor Freight (about $35) that does a great job. Sure beats doing everything by hand!

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
Strikezone said:
I have a cheap one from Harbor Freight (about $35) that does a great job. Sure beats doing everything by hand!

Would anyone be able to link me to one I have experience in waxing I wax my car with a cheap little buffer. Just got a 24 Offshore that needs a good waxing before it goes to storage for the winter.

Offshore24NJ

Reaction score
Offshore24 said:
Here's the ROBILY ready for summer. I'm the second owner. Canvas, kicker, and F225 are my upgrades. Need to build a bow roller this summer. Stripers are here. Time to fish. Tight lines.

resized_20663.jpg

Thanks Strikezone,

Now i need to get a nice bimini top, I was looking for one like Offshore24 has