1992 dolphin seev2 repower

no problem

Reaction score
I am considering repowering my 1992 dolphin 253gt seev2. Thats the same hull as a sailfish with a grady drive bracket. I was wondering if anyone has a 92 or newer dolphin or sailfish with twin suzuki 175s. I would love to hear opinions from someone who actually has this combination. Thanks, Jim

Sinclair

Reaction score
I have a 91 Sailfish on a bracket. I repowered with twin Suzuki DF-175's and have been "Very" happy with the results. This was a great match for the Sailfish. She was previously powered with Johnson 200's and the fuel savings alone were worth it. These motors sip fuel, they are very quite, there is no 2cycle oil to add. The power is incredible. I was worried about the weight of adding a 4stroke, these were the lightest 4 strokes I could find. There is no problem at all with these motors on a sailfish.

That was the pro's. The only con's I might add is the 100hrs oil change. I complete the 100 hr services and its very simple. All other maint goes to the Suzuki dealership.

Just food for thought. When I repowered I replaced both fuel tanks, all plumbing, thru hulls, vents, electrical, steering, and motor controls. Everything from the stern to the helm was replaced. I love the fish ability of the Sailfish and wanted a new boat, this was my means of having both.

If I can help out anyway or answer any questions, feel free to let me know.

Thanks, Sinclair :D