2000, 232, grady white gulfstream

Hammertime

Reaction score
Would someone with some knowledge of this boat please tell me what would be the appropriate size prop, including pitch with a 250 ox66 motor!

fordfisherman

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Not positive, but a 15.5 x17 sounds right?

Hammertime

Reaction score
DennisG01 said:
I have a 15-1/4x17 on my boat - very close in size.

Have you run the boat? What's the WOT RPM, ideally with your normal load?
I just bought this boat yesterday. Last week, when I took her fir a ride the WOT was around 5400, @34mph. 50 gallons of gas and only 1 passenger, no load on the boat.

I took 2 pic's of the prop and I think the size is 17", but I can't find the pitch size..

o.k. I tried to upload the pic's to this site, but for some reason the photos are all distorted when I try to post it. However, In one picture there is a stamp that reads 17-M, and the other it reads, 11 1933. I have no clue what that is. i cant find any other markings on the prop. I probably can take this SS prop to a local prop refurbisher and have it sized to the 15-1/4x17, or 15"..

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Pull the prop. Size and pitch are probably on the bottom of the prop next to thrust washer.

Hammertime

Reaction score
DennisG01 said:
"17-M"... That is Yamaha's shorthand for the size. It's the same prop as mine. RPM is good - you're right up there near max.

Thats good to hear. So I guess the size and pitch is correct. One blade has a one inch crack and the other blade is a little bent on the fin.. I have to see how much it will cost to have it repaired. It might be cheaper to find one online..

Scott72

Reaction score
I have the same prop on my new to me 2000 248 voyager with a 250 ox66. Prop also had a crack in one of the blades. I'm told these props are somewhat prone to cracking. Had it welded and was told it pretty common. For insurance picked up a spare on eBay. The seem to come up pretty often and are much cheaper then an SDS II.

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I would try the 15.75 by the 15P. I made that change from the old 17P on my F-stroke and it's great. Bigger diameter = more lift and lower pitch = more torque. These props were NOT available when your/my motor was made. But now you will see the performance tests for the 232 single use them. I was amazed the RPM's didn't shoot up out of range, this is likely due to the additional 1/2" diameter. Contact propgods.com they will point you in the right direction.

Hammertime

Reaction score
Harpoon said:
I would try the 15.75 by the 15P. I made that change from the old 17P on my F-stroke and it's great. Bigger diameter = more lift and lower pitch = more torque. These props were NOT available when your/my motor was made. But now you will see the performance tests for the 232 single use them. I was amazed the RPM's didn't shoot up out of range, this is likely due to the additional 1/2" diameter. Contact propgods.com they will point you in the right direction.

Great stuff. thank you