2006 GRADY WHITE 300 MARLIN - UPGRADES

YachtaFun

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Just bought a 300 Marlin (transitioned from the Whaler and Sea Ray families), and as I am in North East, boat essentially went straight to dry dock, leaving me with plenty of time for projects and to spend money before I launch in spring. Couple upgrades I have in the works, was wondering if anyone has attempted these, as havent seen it on here or hulltruth.

1. Cockpit pedestal table addition - looking to put it right in front of bench seat, looks like i wont be able to through bolt all the holes, couple holes will be right over some wood it looks like

2. Last owners redid the V-berth cushions and messed them up in my opinion. Any idea about how much to have those remade? Original skins were thrown out unfortunately

3. All the cabin chrome is pitted, anyone ever restore this?

4. Going to try to build custom port side fold down bench... will see how that goes

Think thats about it for now, other than Sea Dek... any other advice is appreciated...

Last edited:

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Just bought a 300 Marlin (transitioned from the Whaler and Sea Ray families), and as I am in North East, barge essentially went straight to dry dock, leaving me with plenty of time for projects and to spend money before I launch in spring. Couple upgrades I have in the works, was wondering if anyone has attempted these, as havent seen it on here or hulltruth.

1. Cockpit pedestal table addition - looking to put it right in front of bench seat, looks like i wont be able to through bolt all the holes, couple holes will be right over some wood it looks like

2. Last owners redid the V-berth cushions and messed them up in my opinion. Any idea about how much to have those remade? Original skins were thrown out unfortunately

3. All the cabin chrome is pitted, anyone ever restore this?

4. Going to try to build custom port side fold down bench... will see how that goes

Think thats about it for now, other than Sea Dek... any other advice is appreciated...
im not going to be a lot of help here, but ill chime in with my 2c

2. I just got ALL the upholstery done on my CC including foam. it was about 8k using top of the line materials. I think that re-skinning the foam with an interior fabric should be less than 1k.

3. i restored an old (1950's) bike that had chrome fenders. i actually used coke a cola and it came out great. i am sure there are better products to use, but you cant drink them when you get thirsty

congrats on the boat

Last edited:
Reactions: PointedRose

Sardinia306Bimini

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
New V-Berth mattress should not be too expensive, with new closed-cell foam a bit more. Real good foam for sleeping could be substantially more expensive, but probably not needed.

What do you mean with pitted?
Solid brass parts with chrome flaking off or is it chrome plated plastic/aluminum and make some kind of pimples?

Chris

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Before you ever do anything with chrome, no matter how bad it is.... always try cleaning it first. surprising how much crap comes off if you try. I'd hit it with neverdull if they still make it- or some other chrome polish. If it's truly pitted, you probably won't resolve that, but if you can shine it up enough, you won't see the pitting as much.

Fishtales

Reaction score
As stated the interior cushions are the most inexpensive pieces to do. I'd still get a good quality mold resistant material. You can go to a marine shop or even a local seamstress. Wife has window seat cushions made all the time by one. These are just bigger.

The white stamoid with strataglass enclosure pieces are great, if you need to replace. A&J Canvas in Vanceboro NC makes them for GW. If you send your old ones down, they will use as patterns and will be a perfect fit. About $3K for all.

I used Flitz cleaner and polish. Try this on the chrome pieces.

I'd use the boat before doing the table mods. The cockpit isn't huge so putting tables in there just makes it worse, We use a small wooden rollup beach table when we anchor (slates on top to allow rollup and storage and legs scren in. Rubber feet on the bottom make it stable on the boat. Something like this. Stows very nicely when not being used.